Just bought a fixer-upper Doodle!

So I got the disease about 3 months ago after buying a fully restored DB30 with a predator hemi. I quickly did some mods to the header, jetted the carb, airfilter, etc..

I'm so terminally ill that I went straight back out to find a project bike, and bought this one for $30 yesterday!
I'm going to strip it and totally redo it with my son.

20150629_194615.jpg
20150629_194624.jpg

Any ideas?? I'm a blank slate as to what to do thus far. I'm thinking a metallic green color since my other one is blue. Any suggestions for brands of paint? Cool wheels? Anything extra?

First, lower the fenders. If you can, use an automotive paint or epoxy type paint so it's more fuel resistant. Some of the metallic greens are just awesome. Good choice. Also consider the hydraulic brake. It's the best thing I put on. Make it Old School.

Doc

Last edited:
the doodlebugs have so much potential and i think Doc knocked it out of the park with his ( kinda looks like a junior heathkit mini) think the white seat just makes it stand out - very Cool. use to see them all the time for about $50. - $100. now they vanish so you got a awesome deal for $30.

First, lower the fenders. If you can, use an automotive paint or epoxy type paint so it's more fuel resistant. Some of the metallic greens are just awesome. Good choice. Also consider the hydraulic brake. It's the best thing I put on. Make it Old School.

Doc
That looks great, did you have it in Windber? I don't remember it. All the best Jay

Doc
Beautiful bike!! What an inspiration! Alright. I've got my work cut out for me it looks like.

Any ideas?? I'm a blank slate as to what to do thus far. I'm thinking a metallic green color since my other one is blue. Any suggestions for brands of paint? Cool wheels? Anything extra?
Metallic green would look good ..I think . Snake Skin Green Pearl...08 -010 Viper color ! :wink:

You stole that !! So much can be done to these things and can be the best riding mini around ( especially with a little suspension ) !First thing I do on all mine is cut the kickstand off , reverse the spring shaft and re-weld it on the right ( actually left ) side , and more towards the rear too , for some crazy reason the Chinese are backwards :laugh:

You stole that !! So much can be done to these things and can be the best riding mini around ( especially with a little suspension ) !First thing I do on all mine is cut the kickstand off , reverse the spring shaft and re-weld it on the right ( actually left ) side , and more towards the rear too , for some crazy reason the Chinese are backwards :laugh:
Awesome idea! Unfortunately I do not know how to weld, and don't have any of the equipment. But I'll have to look in to that for the future, because I want to stretch one some day to make it easier for my son to hold on and ride with me.