Just got home with these

I was at a Thresheree/tractor show a couple weeks ago and a guy told me that he had an old mini bike and go kart that his son had and no longer wants. He didn't know what they were but he said that there was one engine between the two and the kart had solid rubber tires. He said he wanted $100 for the pair. I told him I was interested and went to get them today. I paid $90. The kart looks home made but is done very well.

The mini bike was well worth what I paid. The seat was recovered but I can still see the beading and stitching from the original seat through the new cover. The tires are originals and have lots of tread left.

Cool, I like the hand brake on the kart. Very neat stuff. The kart looks like it may have been built off the PM plans.:thumbsup:

Can you tell me more about those wheels/tires. My dad got a pair that looks just like those for free. I want to clean them up and put them on my Taco resto. but I don't know. Those are about 7" rims right?

HT

jeep4me

Can you tell me more about those wheels/tires. My dad got a pair that looks just like those for free. I want to clean them up and put them on my Taco resto. but I don't know. Those are about 7" rims right?

HT
Those wheels are the Go Power wheels. Selling on the internet for $100+. So free is a great deal. The ones on the Bonanza pictured above are 6" rims. I think they came in 5, 6 and 8 inch sizes.

jeep4me

dosent the tank on the kart go on the mini bike engine?
Now that you say that, that's a Briggs engine and should have a carb mounted gas tank. Looks like someone put a floatbowl carb or maybe an updraft carb on it. I think the tank on the gocart is an old Briggs tank.

delray

jeep4me they did build briggs engines with float carbs and front mount tanks. the briggs front mounts were just little different in size and the the seam wet around the the sides(horz)
like this one i found on ebay thats over price:doah:

tecumsehs are just like the one on gokart:thumbsup:
this is the kind of bike he could make it into:thumbsup: 1200 model with a 3.5hp tecumseh that has the exhaust coming out the back and not the side of the block like most tecumsehs are.

george3

OOps didnt pay atention its a briggs on the mini. oh well the tank goes on the mini the engine on the kart and you need a tecumseh for the tank. lol