just had something weird happen

toomanytoys

Moved into my new house on Saturday. been working in here throwing stuff out cleaning painting and just moving in. Well there was these door bells you plug into a 110 socket and it had a wireless button that mounted outside.

I unplugged them and threw them away since I couldn't get them to work. Well the boxes were in a garbage bag sitting in the laundry room and the buttons are in the dumpster I rented probably a 100 yards from the house.

I'm sitting on the couch watching a movie and the darn door bell in the trash bag that has no batteries or capacitors in it starts ringing. Like seriously for 10 seconds its going bing bong bing bong. I dug it out of the nag and tore it apart to see if there was a backup power source in it. Nothing there.

Honestly has me a little freaked out right now. Maybe a lot freaked out. I'm not an jumpy person by nature but man I got cold chills when I dug it out of there

toomanytoys

Seriously the 94 year old guy who lived in the house forever dropped over dead with a heart attack in the kitchen. He might be a little pissed

That head looks like steve buschemi or however you spell his name

Occams razor says you probably missed a dinger unit plugged in somewhere else in the house and it wasn't the one in the bag ringing. Maybe had some creature in the dumpster walking on the button. 100 yards isn't that far, most of those type units are multi-code or domino dipswitch setups and on a good day a 1.5v transmitter can reach over a hundred yards.

toomanytoys

Occams razor says you probably missed a dinger unit plugged in somewhere else in the house and it wasn't the one in the bag ringing. Maybe had some creature in the dumpster walking on the button. 100 yards isn't that far, most of those type units are multi-code or domino dipswitch setups and on a good day a 1.5v transmitter can reach over a hundred yards.
The creature pressing the button is what I am worried about!

Seriously weird, where is my crucifix?

Its a friendly sprit. A bad sprit would have broken something while you were moving stuff in. The door bell ringing is the sprit welcoming you in. Enjoy. ( if that happened to me, I'd be long gone by now lol).