Just hit the 60mph mark...whats next

As the title says, I just hit about 62mph on my Bonanza BC1100. It has a modified clone (i am assuming around 12-14hp). I have 13:72 gearing and i would like to make some changes on the bike itself. As of now, I am running universal tires on 6" kidney bean wheels. The only braking system I have is a band brake on the clutch (yes, I know its sketchy because if the chain breaks I am screwed).

I am looking for a good set of slick tires (I am thinking about getting the rounded slicks from tractor supply #3001102)

Is there any way of adding a disc brake or any addition to what I am running now?

Are the standard bearings in these wheels okay to use at this speed?

Also, what is the point when a bigger carb than a 22mm mikuni comes into play?

Let me know what you guys think, or have any suggestions, thanks

New undies. at 60 mph on a mini bike that is what i would need. That is screamin.
Thats true :laugh: My parents get more freaked out than I do. I am 17 and have the need for speed :scooter:. Its fun for now, just cant wait until I get my motorcycle. I just got my permit last week!

toomanytoys

How smooth was it at 60? My super bronc at 55 got pretty shaky and I backed off. But 21x12x8 balloon tires lol

The only concerns I have. Besides I think its pretty crazy to hit 60 on a minbike, but here goes. You need speed rated tires and figure out a way to make reliable disc brakes

MikeBear

Wow 62...what have you done to your motor to get it to turn 9000rpm on a stock carb?
Yeah what he said ^. There's no way you were hitting that sort of rpms safely.

Go back on another run, and this time take a portable GPS with you, and see what it says for speed. You might feel like it's 62, but I doubt it.

TomH

I came up with 9600 rpm. 13/72 gearing, 12" dia tire:= 62MPH shrug:

using a 16" dia tire @7200, same gearing will get you 62

Last edited:
I believe my tires are around 14" diameter and my motor has a 22mm mikuni right now. It was safely turning 7,650rpm (I have a tach on it). I guarantee I was going 62mph. I had a car clocking my speed with a gps in it. I am going to try to find a way to rig up a hydraulic disc to the rear wheel, if its possible. I wonder if anyone has done it on a bonanza???

I believe my tires are around 14" diameter and my motor has a 22mm mikuni right now. It was safely turning 7,650rpm (I have a tach on it). I guarantee I was going 62mph. I had a car clocking my speed with a gps in it. I am going to try to find a way to rig up a hydraulic disc to the rear wheel, if its possible. I wonder if anyone has done it on a bonanza???
where do you ride i would love to see what my predator 212 does against your bike

Just a Mikuni?
Turning 7,650rpm safely?:shrug:

Just a Mikuni?
Turning 7,650rpm safely?:shrug:
These are my mods:
2 stage header
uni filter
22mm mikuni w/ fuel pump
26lb springs
billet fw and rod
.265 cam (unless AGK sent me the wrong one)
retainer and keeper set
flat top piston
14cc head
chromoly pushrods
stainless valves
rockers/guide plate
8 degree advance
indexed spark plug

I live near Whittier Blvd and First Avenue in Whittier. Where do you ride? I just ride occasionally on small city streets. Havent found anyone around here that is willing to ride (they are afraid of getting stopped by the cops).

These are my mods:
2 stage header
uni filter
22mm mikuni w/ fuel pump
26lb springs
billet fw and rod
.265 cam (unless AGK sent me the wrong one)
retainer and keeper set
flat top piston
14cc head
chromoly pushrods
stainless valves
rockers/guide plate
8 degree advance
indexed spark plug

I live near Whittier Blvd and First Avenue in Whittier. Where do you ride? I just ride occasionally on small city streets. Havent found anyone around here that is willing to ride (they are afraid of getting stopped by the cops).
i ride in moreno valley but im about to start going to the la racing spots and some riverbeds in la..if your free this weekend im havin a bbq in moreno valley and its gonna be bikes there

yeah im thinking about going out to LA one of these days. sounds like alot of fun but i doubt my bike could hold its own against any of theirs. I will let you know about this weekend. Can you PM me your address so I can check how far away you live from me. How fast is your bike?