K&S Hornet forks

This is my K&S Hornet Deluxe. Notice the forks have a spacer/collar welded right to the end of the fork tubes. I've looked at picture after picture online of the Hornet Deluxe models, and cannot find one with these forks. They all have the fork ends stamped flat with holes drilled for the axle bolt. Could these be from a different machine possibly? I'm hoping someone will recognize them. Thanks.

14485070_1275284562490739_8630001632390001588_n.jpg 14492435_1272525722766623_4504260380001080081_n.jpg

Mine had the same forks as does the Deluxe I'll be selling soon, even the standard frame models had suspended forks but not exclusively. Those are Hornet Forks, you need no spacer for those forks on Manco wheels which is what they came with but they do on the back ones and they had a specific sprocket but you can duplicate it easily or run whatever wheel you want really if you have the jackshaft and brake. The tubes the axes run through turn toward the wheel is why you can't see it well in photos.

Last edited:
It's possible someone cut off the ends and welded those tubes on or maybe someone swapped out the fork lowers from a different brand bike. The forks are from a K&S bike.

I've seen a standard frame with Hardtail Deluxe forks before but someone could have cut the jackshaft mounts off a HT Deluxe, I see no provision for brakes. The yellow bike pictured has a factory sprocket/disc caliper mount, they made a lot of variations on these bikes.