K&S Hornet

I just picked this up from a guy who had it sitting in the midst of his vast collection of cars in a stall. Its complete except, the fenders, throttle, seat, rear wheel, and the recoil starter. Its got the original tecumseh engine, that i dont know will run or not, once i find a recoil starter and a carburetor ill try to get it started. The frame looks as though its had a repaint(very cool metal flake purple) over the original paint which was gold. The gas tank has an old crumbling decal that says turbo jet(original?) I think it has a torque converter? I think im gonna get it running and rideable then in a couple of months i might get to pulling it apart to restore it. Hope you guys enjoy my project, anyway heres the pics :thumbsup:

Drew

I decided that i liked the original white tecumseh engine better than the black repaint so i started scraping off the layer of black paint and right underneath was the original white including the faded original decals. I took the razor blade to the frame and started scraping at the rust on the frame and surprisingly underneath that was either purple metalflake or gold. I was wondering if anyone on here has better opinions on how to remove the layers of surface rust to reveal the original paint? Ive heard of using aircraft stripper on carsn to remove paint to reveal orig. paint, but that stiff is pretty expensive. Pictures to come later

See ya
Drew

You won't be able to remove the current paint and preserve the paint beneath. The gold should be the original color. Check the side of the gas tank for a chrome and black sticked which will list the model, it may be there but painted over.

hey man...if youve got to bag it and take all the paint off go to the tools in walmart and get a paint scraper for your drill...it looks like a black foam wheel...i recently discovered this...best thing ever

nice find with the bike...things gonna be a beast