kawasaki MT1

1971 Kawasaki MT1. Restore or good parts bike. Engine runs and shifts, gas and oil tanks are good, bars are good . Take a look , glad to answer questions. $375 Thanks K.C.

Attachments

Eugene is the other side of the planet for me. If you part it out here I got dibs on the tanks, forks and front wheel/brakes. maybe seat too!

Gatecrasher

You can ship a bike like that. It can even be easily disassembled and shipped in one of the heavy duty boxes they sell at Home Depot. I've done it before and used Fed Ex ground. It cost less than $100.

It's well-worth the money there Tuna and it has all the parts you need. Better yet, you could end-up with a 1971 MT1 "Parnelli Jones" (the most sought-after model of all the Kawasaki minis) rather than a 1972 MT1A (which is still nice but not quite as nice as the Parnelli Jones).

My next project is to restore a 1971 MT1 I have here. I'm going all-out on it with a ton of expensive NOS parts. I'm even tempted to buy this bike if I didn't have five of them already.

mt1 006.JPG I would rather not part it out. But if no one wants it. I will consider it. I know its more profitable , but I really don't like to part out bikes . Unless they are junk. Thanks

You can ship a bike like that. It can even be easily disassembled and shipped in one of the heavy duty boxes they sell at Home Depot. I've done it before and used Fed Ex ground. It cost less than $100.

It's well-worth the money there Tuna and it has all the parts you need. Better yet, you could end-up with a 1971 MT1 "Parnelli Jones" (the most sought-after model of all the Kawasaki minis) rather than a 1972 MT1A (which is still nice but not quite as nice as the Parnelli Jones).

My next project is to restore a 1971 MT1 I have here. I'm going all-out on it with a ton of expensive NOS parts. I'm even tempted to buy this bike if I didn't have five of them already.
How much did the box at Home Depot cost, what is the box made of?

Gatecrasher

The last minibike I shipped I used two 36" x 24" x 12" double-wall heavy duty boxes from Home Depot. They were like $15 each and I put the two together to make one custom sized box that ended up being around 36" x 24" x 18" and packed it up nice with Styrofoam peanuts, bubble wrap, and used paper wrap, and cardboard and anything else I had laying around that could be used as packing material and taped it all up good. I shipped it Fed Ex Ground for like $70.

I also have bought complete minibikes and had them shipped. One was a Ruttman long frame I bought from a guy on this forum. He shipped it from Michigan fully assembled except for the front forks and handle bars which were unbolted and positioned in the box to fit. Everything arrived in perfect condition.