~Kit Questions & Problems~

I'm in the process of prepping the engine for the installation and I have a few questions/problems...

1) The eyelet part of the kill switch was so hard to get out because it was stuck in between the 2 parts that hold it in. I had to use a small pair of pliers to yank it out, but the eyelet disconnected from the wire when I did. Do I need to reattach the 2 together, or will I even need to use the eyelet part later?

2) Where do I get a butt connector? Do I have to get one from the hardware store or is it somewhere on the stock DB?

3) When I try to adjust the throttle arm with the lock nut, I can't get it to adjust properly. Either it's too tight and doesn't return, or it returns perfectly but the whole setup is wobbly. For some reason, the throttle wont return and also be tight at the same time.

4) Where does the M6 jam nut come from, and it doesn't look like there's any room for it to fit.

Thank you!

Al,

Please read and look at all the photos/procedure in the CD I provide with the kit. everything is explained and should be easy to understand. take your time and everything will fit together easily

Chris

Al,

Please read and look at all the photos/procedure in the CD I provide with the kit. everything is explained and should be easy to understand. take your time and everything will fit together easily

Chris
Finished everything tonight, and the engine started on the first pull!

Please disregard the title, because there were no problems with the kit. I'm just new to the scene...

To: cjtmini
Hey there...my name is Jodi and I've made this acct. for my son Cody. I see that you know a bit about the Baja Warrior 196cc minibike. You had mentioned a "kit" and was wondering if that was something you sold and what did it consist of? My son bough one 2 days ago used and he was able to ride it for about 3 minutes before it died on him. We opened the gas tank(he had added gas to the gas that was already in there) and there was rust/dirt in the tank. We took the tank off and cleaned it out with gas and even shook it with wratchet fitings to knock most of the rust loose. Cody checked a few more things and for some reason, it still doesn't want to stay running. It will start on occasion, but only for a few seconds. Any suggestions? Thank you so much!

oldsledz

The kit they are talking about is to put a bigger engine in a DB30 it is a different bike than you have.

There is a gas shut off on the engine do you have it in the on position?

Yes...it is in the "on" position. This is cody.. Every time Itry to start it it runns for bout 2 seconds and then dies, then I have to wait ten min to get the same reaction fron the bike.

Last edited:
Just Installed the CJTmini's Kit

Just removed my stock engine and PROMOD jackshaft kit and installed a 6.5 with CJTmini's kit. By the way, PROMOD's jackshaft was awesome and the 6.5 is a little more power than I want for my 9 year old; the stock engine with jackshaft was perfect. However, the stock engine just didn't want to stay running. The folks at GumOut can thank me for their new deferred compensation plan.

Anyhow, CJTmini's kit is great and easy to install. The bike is great with the 6.5 on it. I did initially have a problem with the throttle not fully returning (made for a fun story). What I found is my original bike came with a long Phillips headed screw to hold the throttle cable to the linkage. Everything worked fine, until I put the air cleaner box on. The top of the screw was rubbing against the bottom of the air cleaner box and hanging up. I simply shortened the screw and all works great.

I did add an extra throttle return spring. With my 9 yr old, I wanted a redundant system to return the throttle.

By the way, I have a PROMOD Jackshaft kit for sale. I have everything but the chain. It is less than a year old and, other than being greasy, is in great shape. First $60 obo, plus shipping takes it.

Last edited: