L.A Drag Spot.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Not butt hurt - ButtDyno. Word on the street is, it's the latest dance craze!

Oh, and I was doing this back in the 70's - years before you. :)
So, your not gonna tell me if you tested it or not?
I'm asking for info.

I had the rod made because my piston would have been to far down in the whole. With the old rod it would have been .135" in the hole. This rod is .100" longer.

My stroke is 2.3 and rod is 4.6 so I have a 2.0 rod ratio. But I don't know what the rod "angle" is. I don't think I'm gaining anything with the rod being a little longer vs the thicker piston and 4.5 rod.

But if you have proof, then post it.

the Feds are the DEA ...

and yeah i know they can careless about OldMiniBikes and small amounts of herb... thats the sarcastic point i was implying. The costly drug war is a sham when it comes to maryjane... she aint hurt no one... regulate it and tax it i say!

ANYWHO...

BURN ONE FOR THE MINI BIKE NATION... :scooter:

and now back to our regularly sponsored female dog spaying.....
Your right how stupid of me. I thought I knew:doah:

So, your not gonna tell me if you tested it or not?
I'm asking for info.

I had the rod made because my piston would have been to far down in the whole. With the old rod it would have been .135" in the hole. This rod is .100" longer.

My stroke is 2.3 and rod is 4.6 so I have a 2.0 rod ratio. But I don't know what the rod "angle" is. I don't think I'm gaining anything with the rod being a little longer vs the thicker piston and 4.5 rod.

But if you have proof, then post it.
Ok, fair enough, I'll try again sir.

"Rod angle - that is a large influence on the torque curve - more rod angle, more low end torque. Longer rod, less rod angle, higher revving engine, less low end torque."

Engines are built for a purpose. Drag engine, track engine, time trials engine, etc. For a drag engine, it would by definition be tuned (not air/fuel, but timming, compression, etc) differently than a circle track car engine.

You're out there running drags, with whatever drive train setup you choose. I just stated properties of rod angle. Which works best for your application would take some testing. Clutch stall, or TAV tune and such. I don't know. One thing we all know is that the engine that runs best on the dyno, isn't always the one that runs best on the track.

What I ran were nitro burning two strokes in sprint racing hydroplanes on an oval course. For that setup, boats had a prop with no clutch or tranny, the shorter rod engines worked better as they had more low end torque and could pull a larger prop with more blade area which cornered better and accelerated out of the corners real well.

I can't tell ya any more than that - cuz I don't have a drag mini-bike, I run a trail bike. The racing karts I run are high reving engines with lower rod angle.

i thought the only engine rules were small block, pull start, single speed and pump gas
:shrug:
so i talked to ronald today and he is going to make some new rules like one of them is if your engine is to big you will have to pay the event $300 and ifyou dont have it your bike will be impound until you get the money and all bikes will have empty tanks before event starts and all bikes must stay at curb until the racing starts and thats what ronald said

so i talked to ronald today and he is going to make some new rules like one of them is if your engine is to big you will have to pay the event $300 and ifyou dont have it your bike will be impound until you get the money and all bikes will have empty tanks before event starts and all bikes must stay at curb until the racing starts and thats what ronald said
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:I just feel off my chair! I guess someone else will be putting on a gasser event besides Ronald.
Whens the next Barona outing? Just think all them gasser bikes at the track, on a real strip. :shrug:

So if your motor is too big you gotta pay Ronald :shrug::eek:ut:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Ok, fair enough, I'll try again sir.

"Rod angle - that is a large influence on the torque curve - more rod angle, more low end torque. Longer rod, less rod angle, higher revving engine, less low end torque."

Engines are built for a purpose. Drag engine, track engine, time trials engine, etc. For a drag engine, it would by definition be tuned (not air/fuel, but timming, compression, etc) differently than a circle track car engine.

You're out there running drags, with whatever drive train setup you choose. I just stated properties of rod angle. Which works best for your application would take some testing. Clutch stall, or TAV tune and such. I don't know. One thing we all know is that the engine that runs best on the dyno, isn't always the one that runs best on the track.

What I ran were nitro burning two strokes in sprint racing hydroplanes on an oval course. For that setup, boats had a prop with no clutch or tranny, the shorter rod engines worked better as they had more low end torque and could pull a larger prop with more blade area which cornered better and accelerated out of the corners real well.

I can't tell ya any more than that - cuz I don't have a drag mini-bike, I run a trail bike. The racing karts I run are high reving engines with lower rod angle.
I read all that before
It's not actual proof, it's just theory of what should or could happen.

That's the difference with me, I only post what I have actually done in the real world related to the subject at hand.

If I tell you thin valves flow better than thicker valves. I already have hard proof to back it up. I NEVER just go by what is written by someone else on another type of engine.

Now I'm not saying your post is a lie, but it's not proof or fact. It's theory and theory is just the same as bench racing.

Proof being what? Dyno numbers? Or, perhaps performance on the race track?

There is more to rod angle and rod length differences such as time at TDC, the resultant effect on combustion, piston mass acceleration, location in the bore at 90 degrees and 270 degrees and so on. All considerations an experienced engine builder would consider when making component and design choices. But, if the discussion will get discredited with ignorance, let's just let it end here.

Why do you think Solo asked the question in the first place?

Best of luck to you and your performance pursuits! :)

And who does he think is gonna take our bike if we dont have the $300? He keeps comin up with these off the wall rules just so it benefits him and his event. This is why we said somebody can challange engine size and open up the motor for "inspection" after the win. Right????

Impound will not happen. Keeping the bikes on the curb is understandable to prevent cheating by adding different fuel. Thats cool with me.