Latest Flathead Project.......

I forgot to turn the rattle can upside down after each coat.........:doah:

I put a minimum of 8 coats on and the last 2 coats were producing runs.:scared:
The can was getting low and I decided, any more paint on this engine is going to have heat problems.

Never did detailed fins before.......:shrug:

There are about three good techniques at doing it and I did the cheapest one.
The other one is using masking tape on the fins before paint.
The third one I forgot cause I knew I wasn't going to try it.

Here's a Preview........

Your engine looks good:thumbsup:...I had a pint of Omni ureththane paint mixed up that old briggs color for the schwinnbike frame. I think its a nice looking color. It will mach the color of the Briggs motor that I have on it.

You can pick up a header on ebay with shipping for fifteen bucks they slant away from the carb then just wrap it and your carb will run cooler.I have Briggs engines done but no pics so look at this one its close enough.Its even a Briggs RLV 3 stage pipe.

KB2ROCKET

why have a stroker connecting rod but stock cam and stock crank... a bigger cam will compliment those parts greatly
a stroker connecting rod what the heck is that?
sometimes a shorter connecting rod is used with a stock piston and a stroker crank but you cant use a short rod with a stock crank or you wont make enough compression and you may need to trim the stock piston skirt to clear the crank counterweights
dont worry you wont hurt anything because you will discover what I am talking about long before you get the engine started good luck

5 Horse Fan, any progress? I've been subscribing to this waiting to see another video....
I still have to solve the exhaust system problem.
I also need to drill holes in the shroud for a new style rewind starter.
I can't find my drill in storage and if I buy another one I know it will find me 91 days later.:laugh:

I have all the parts for an electric start system, but I would have to cut the side of the flywheel shroud for the starter gear. I think I'm going to do it because it will eliminate half the headache involved when testing and tuning the carburetor.

Other then that, it's ready for testing.:thumbsup: