Lawn Boy Mod Build

I have several 141cc Dura Force engines and plan to do a stocker and a mod version.
Several kart/mini installs have been done, by others, so I want to push their potential a bit.
I have a M-Series that I'm saving for the wild version.

Pic is of an F/V base but same reeds as a DF. I see it as a restriction.
3.jpg

Last edited:
A couple possible paths.
Milling the case a bit farther than my initial attack, and running a doubled set of stockers, or an aftermarket setup for my 50/125 scooter. Or???

4.jpg

Sprocket86

Great idea and these engines have a lot of potential yet to be discovered. I have carbon reeds in my DF engine and the throttle response is great!

Do you have any pics of your DF powered Karts and Mini bikes?

Great idea and these engines have a lot of potential yet to be discovered. I have carbon reeds in my DF engine and the throttle response is great!

Do you have any pics of your DF powered Karts and Mini bikes?
I meant, others, like yourself, have done installs. I just build engines and rarely get to ride. Too much pain to enjoy it :(

I've seen broken connecting DF rods, and anticipate that will be the weakest link when the revs go up. That's why I'll save the kill setup for the M-Series as it has a pressed crank and steel rod, as does my Fuji 125cc that's still on a Snapper Hi-Vac Commercial. Kart guy claims to twist them in the 6k range but the aluminum rod doesn't inspire confidence for me.

I don't want to poo poo your ideas, but its just not the right kind of engine to try and soup up.
Neither was the Flathead Ford... Me & Dr Guff ain't scared of poo ;)

Aluminum connecting rod is suspect, but others are running them in the 6k range. Twin-kart guy, etc
I'll be keeping the port timing mild enough to set the limiter around 5500. 141cc of 2 stroke can't help but make torque when optimized.
The reeds and carb, plus pipe scavenging, minor porting and dial the quench, should be good for 9-10hp and live.

I don't want to poo poo your ideas...
Really...
But yet you always do just that.
Perhaps we should continue reading books by candlelight? After all, electricity is so damn dangerous!
Always taking the safe route (seems to me) is kinda' boring and just produces something close to zero on the originality scale. lawn-boy twin gokart.jpg

Last edited:
I see no chainsaw in said link...just women's clothing and accessories.

Closest thing I could find to a MS070 on that site is $231.80 + $174.36 (shipping) = $406.16.

And usable right out of the box? I and anyone else who has done chainsaw work knows this is just not the case.

Last edited:
But yet you always do just that.
What can you say when you just can't agree with something deep in your bones?
I love lawn boys, but for cutting grass.
Did you know they also made a snow boy?
It was a C series single stage snowblower.
almost anything can be made to work,but often they are not very good at what they do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_L9mwUaWBE
History repeats itself over and over as the idea of a small cheap engine is recycled into a roll its just not any good for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WohwxTS-Jmg
Now this is the D65 Clinton and its also about the same size, but unlike its lawnmower relatives it has a forged steel rod in it and really good reed plate and induction system ( add a pipe it its surprising too! )
Ya the number of people I fooled with that engine thinking it was just another 2 hp utility motor lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuRBcqrls68

A good engine and one that's not very good....
It's hard avoid commenting

I have personally taken apart the Chinese saw in question and feel for the money and effort it is good choice.
In 07 I opened one up for Stihl dealer after aquiring it from a 3rd party importer selling them as real Stihl saws.
Cheap!
You bet and that was the end of the 3rd party sales until the castings were wiped clean of offensive markings.
What a great kart engine I thought....
But I had no money to buy up the container and do the work needed to make them available to the locals.

Last edited:
Well, since I have 3-4 of these DFs, that I paid pennies a pound for, and I've seen the build threads and videos of them performing smashingly, and it's what I want to do, I'm gonna go ahead and do it. I've got a 610 and an 820, steel-rod Robin and LB-M, a niftly TKM and a couple dozen other small engines.

Your deep-rooted opposition has been noted, so feel free to place it back in another warm, safe, deep location.