Let There be Light

DSCN0681.JPG Hey Guys, been a while since I posted My Springer. I thought I'd add some lights to it. Bought something I thought would look good on it so I found this Schwinn head & tail light set on eBay. The trickiest part was finding a clamp to mount on the handlebars to the headlight gooseneck . Runs off the 6v generator that came with the set. OK, so I was bored.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

Last edited:

sonerenos

super cool!

where did the forks come from?

the finned gas tank is one of a kind, i really dig it. where did you come across one of those?

Hi Sonerenos, the forks were built by an aircraft mechanic in the midwest somewhere, I found him on eBay about 4 years ago. He had built 6 sets & I bought the last assembly he had. That's how the bike started out. It's all I had. I found a new old stock Effenel frame on eBay that had never been assembled, just the frame & forks. I sold the forks, they had a TORO Logo on them. The frame had the right rake angle so I took it from there. The finned fuel tank came from Aussie Speed Shop down under in Australia. It's cast aluminum & polished. These were imported by Small Town Speed Shop in McKinney Texas. I also bought a finned clutch cover & valve cover from them for a Briggs World Formula. (never used them though) The seat is from Little Bad Ass Choppers for their standard bike. Handle bars were from a custom guy in Texas somewhere. The rest is pretty much from Old Mini Bike Warehouse. All the weld mods, and there are many, were not done by me. I had a local shop do all the welding. Powder coated
at a local shop- orange frame and silver on the forks, chroming them would have been a small fortune.

sonerenos

Hi Sonerenos, the forks were built by an aircraft mechanic in the midwest somewhere, I found him on eBay about 4 years ago. He had built 6 sets & I bought the last assembly he had. That's how the bike started out. It's all I had. I found a new old stock Effenel frame on eBay that had never been assembled, just the frame & forks. I sold the forks, they had a TORO Logo on them. The frame had the right rake angle so I took it from there. The finned fuel tank came from Aussie Speed Shop down under in Australia. It's cast aluminum & polished. These were imported by Small Town Speed Shop in McKinney Texas. I also bought a finned clutch cover & valve cover from them for a Briggs World Formula. (never used them though) The seat is from Little Bad Ass Choppers for their standard bike. Handle bars were from a custom guy in Texas somewhere. The rest is pretty much from Old Mini Bike Warehouse. All the weld mods, and there are many, were not done by me. I had a local shop do all the welding. Powder coated
at a local shop- orange frame and silver on the forks, chroming them would have been a small fortune.
love it, did a great job, couldnt duplicate something cool like that