Lightened HSSK50 rod

Carlos

I thought some of you guys might be interested in this ...

Standard connecting rod 92g with oil thrower, 88g without

Lightened and "stress relieved" to 88g with oil thrower, 84g without

Last edited:

Carlos

Surprisingly my cobbled together method of finding the end for end weights worked out pretty good ... I honestly had no idea if this would work!

These weights are the assembly with the 4 gram thrower on this time

Last edited:
SWEET!! i like what you have done . Yes it will make a diff cleaning it up like that . I would like to see how it holds up in a modded motor .:thumbsup:

Carlos

Stress relieved HSSK50 rod

SWEET!! i like what you have done . Yes it will make a diff cleaning it up like that . I would like to see how it holds up in a modded motor .:thumbsup:
Thanks David. The old school theory is that this kind of work is a form of "stress relief" by reducing the risk of fatigue cracks developing at the sharp edges and corners.

I'll post a thread of whole engine build on here once I get all the bits together.

Last edited:
Thanks David. The old school theory is that this kind of work is a form of "stress relief" by reducing the risk of fatigue cracks developing at the sharp edges and corners.

I'll post a thread of whole engine build on here once I get all the bits together.
Also the weight of the out layer is less, so might have reduced stress since it's slinging less weight.