Lighting?

Hello! I am wondering on how you guys hook up headlights on your minibikes if you have them. I am thinking of putting a light on mine, but am not sure how to go about doing it. I was wondering if there is an electrical generator to put on there, or how it is done without a battery. Any info/help is appreciated. Plus i have a tecumseh h35, if that helps.

thanks

The original minibikes with headlights from the factory would have had whats called a lighting coil or alternator depending on who it's coming from.. They are a set of extra coils that produce energy from the rotating magnets in the flywheel of the motor.. The right stuff can be pretty pricey depending on the engine you are trying to headlight equip.. But with todays technology, small batteries packed into your headlight canister, running an LED bulb is a real cheap simple lightweight alternative to original expensive parts..

Are there aftermarket parts that can be used with the existing motor? Or would making my own headlight with batteries be a less expensive alternative.

depends on the engine.. Some of the newer motors have a coil that can be bolted to the side of the ignition coil but that will cause the the light to flicker.. I would just get a cheap LED setup from like Radio Shack or something, and rig that into your headlight canister. I'm sure if you look there is some kind of self contained bicycle or pocket rocket parts available..

If you have a Harbor Freight near you go check out item SKU#98397, its a headlight for bicycles that clamps onto the handlebars, comes with 3 LED bulbs and only requires 3 AAA batteries. Cost $6.99! Light also has emergency flash mode.