Like Crack To Minibikers: THE THUNDERDROME IS BACK!

Hello again, everyone!

Andy here, organizer of The Thunderdrome!

We're back and badder than ever for our big event this Saturday, June 30th. You can catch all of the details at thunderdrome.com.

Personally, minibikes are my favorite class. The way you nutters tear around our track makes me excited and fearful for my next insurance quote when one of you achieves a low earth orbit off the high bank.

Anyways, I'd love to see all of you show up and race. Racers need to register online ahead of time (ticket sales end Wednesday,, June 27th) and we'll dispatch you a number. The rules have changed a bit, which you'll find on our site.

Spectating is just $5 and all proceeds go towards the upkeep of the track and park, and the repair and eventual repaving of the velodrome. Spectators can buy their tickets online ahead of time to skip the line or pay at the gate. All spectators will be automatically entered into a raffle for all sorts of crazy great prizes including a customized Origin 8 Brutus courtesy of Wheelhouse Detroit.

Here's to crazy racing and even crazier minibike builders/riders! :drinkup:

Motor City Minis is sponsering The Minibike Amateur Class and N-ZO Components is sponsering The Minibike Pro Class along with 1st,2nd and 3rd prizes. Also a LCT 6.5HP 208cc clone with a stage-1 kit a $350 value is being raffled off only 50 tickets. Pro Minibike entries will get a free ticket at the track.

We're in!

Motor city minis along with n-zo components will be supporting thunderdrome again this year. They , as we also do, need all the support to keep and promote the hobby! Come show your support and check out some really cool racing! See you there minibikers!

Mean Dean

It was a great turnout and can't wait until the fall show. It was great to see Jackie Iorns again run on a track. He was the mini bike Champion in 1971. He ran a Bonanza mini cross with the Hodaka 100 cc. These guys put a grand effort to this event. Well worth it. Here are a few pics.

Last edited:

Mean Dean

It was fun, They had a Detroit Local Brewery there with their fresh barrels of different beers, games for adults and kids to play. Food. The moped and dirt bike, and bicycle classes were awesome also. Lots of Girls too Guys.

Last edited: