Lil indian #39201

Triley41395

So I bought this frame knowing it would need some work,but it was cheap. It didn't have a motor plate, or bracket for the seat. The seat that was on it was screwed through the frame with 6 drywall screws, 3 on each side. I got a motor plate welded and seat bracket welded on and fixed the holes through the frame. When I was finished with the fab work I took it to the powder coater and looking on line I picked a color. I was like a 5 year old looking at a shiny new penny and picked Disco Tangerine. The powder coater said it would have a fairly textured finish and cautioned me to steer clear on it,but no I'm a 5 year old. Needless to say it looks great but not what I had in my mind. It's there so it's gonna stay. Then I forgot to put the mounting holes for the seat before power coating, not a huge deal I can still do it. And finally I am not sure but I think I might have welded the engine plate upside down, but it will still work, at least the slots are on the correct side. But the frame is ready for another 50 years. I have a few parts still to find, most importantly is a seat, the one I did buy for it doesn't fit(another mistake). Don't know for sure when I'll actually get started on this one because I'm still working on a couple others right now but hopefully before Christmas. 20221104_161713.jpg 20230922_165134.jpg 20230922_195942.jpg Screenshot_20221215_044549_Gallery.jpg

Sweet !

I think your engine plate is fine there on top. That's where I'd have mounted it.

Keep up the good work.

If you have any instructions on how to be 5 again, let me know. That'd turn back the clock 60 years :)

I swear I think playing with/ messing with/ and riding mini bikes help keep us young spirited if nothing else !

Pretty sure the angles on the motor plate should be facing the front. That's the way they are on my larger framed Lil Indian
Looks great.
Regards.
Joe51

Yeah I think they are probably supposed to be forward, but once I stuff a 5 horse briggs on there no one will notice.
That's what the angles are for. The lower model Lil Indian had a rectangular plate for the 3hp Briggs. When they went tot he 5hp Briggs, they dog eared or angled the front of the plate to move it forward about 1 1/2 inches. This will allow for room between the deeper 5hp tank and the rear tire. You're going to struggle for room with the engine plate mounted that way using a 5hp unless you're running a divorced carb and tank.