Lil Indian 6000?

I'm thinking its a Lil Indian 6000, as its a 2 speed. I know the engine is not original but does every else look correct?

What engine would of came on this model? Thanks, Nate

Shocks are newer adjustables. Check on the vin right side swingarm. Looks like a 70 Sabre
Is there a number in the vin that would represent what model? Do you know what motor would of came on this bike.

I talked to the guy twice and its hard to get info from him. He gave me his FIRM price so i just want to know what I am looking at. He did say that it was a 2 speed and he has a new 2 speed clutch that he paid $100 for. He told me all of the changes were done by the PO.

Yes that is a cool bike. check the engine serial # for the year. first should be a 9. looks like a 1969 or 70. There will be a vin on the right side where the swing arm bolt is.
I bought the yellow mini, it has a newer engine squeezed in the frame. I seen the vin stamped in the swing arm, I'll have to try and make the numbers out.

The Good :wink: Its in one piece, runs and drives. The mods done to it can be fixed with little work. The suspension works but is very stiff. The seat is in nice shape with only one little tear. It came with a new Max Torque 2 speed clutch, and inner tubes.

The Bad :shrug: Engine plate has been extended, poor welding on the handle bar, aftermarket kick stand, and extended foot rests. The chain is rubbing the rear brake caliber. The fork bushings are a little worn and the tires need replaced. The chain chain guard is sadly missing.

Last edited:
A little bit of work but all negatives should be easy to resolve.

I think that it is a 1970 because the footpegs are mounted forward of the engine as opposed to rear of the motor if my understanding of the generations is correct. I believe that it would have the Tecumseh(older generation) as well as opposed to the Briggs?

Either way, looks like a fun project to have over the winter. Wish I was so fortunate!:thumbsup:

Yeah nothing is really hacked. I would like to find a HS40 or HS50. I'm still not sure if I want to repaint or just enjoy it as is.

I do plan on checking or replacing bushings, bearings, cables, chains, brakes and tires etc. But just one thing at a time, I don't want to tear the bike apart as I have enough projects :eek:ut:

Well I took the rear wheel off to change the inner tube and the rear bearings need replaced. So since I need to order bearings I may just buy new tires cause the front is split and cracked pretty good.

I'm gonna inspect and clean the rear disc brake also.

I may start a build thread even thogh I am not during a restoration but more of a check it out and replace the worn parts.

That's the beauty of a project like that. You start with one simple thing and soon enough it turns into practically a full on restoration.

Very nice truck. I have a buddy doing the same thing to a '59 short and wide. Getting excited to see that getting completed too. I think you have too many projects. You should sell me that Lil Indian for maybe $100. How about it? :laugh: