Lil Indian sabre restore.

This goes out to the lil Indian lovers. I'm doing a 1970 lil Indian sabre for the build off and needed some information. Really couldn't find what I was looking for.
I want to do this as close to original as possible.
I have the disk brake set up so was the a standard jack shaft or did the all have 2 speed set ups. What is the sprocket sizes?
Mine was red, is there a perticular red. Color code.
I know it was a white hs40 w/ lightning coil. What air filter tank and carb set up. Pics? What 4hp decals?
What was the lightning coil for. Headlight?
I've found some pics but none that were 100% restorations. And they were all different.

Please help.
Thanks.

Bikerscum

Here's the thing with Lil Indians... it is whatever you decide it is. First, the Sabre was not a 2 speed. It had a jackshaft & 4hp Tec motor. The bikes in that series were basically the 5000,6000, and 7000. The Sabre was a 5000. The 6000 had a 2 speed and the 7000 had a TAV. BUT, all had the same frame. See the exploded diagram below. One page covers all 3 models. The color was cinnamon stick, whatever that was.

X000 series 4.jpg

Karl, I'm in for lunch right now...but I 'll check my Lil Indian jackshaft gears and rear gear for ya and let you know this evening. I've got a 69/70 Sabre myself.

Bikerscum

Far as I know the Tec was nothing special.... plain old air filter & muffler, etc. This is the best image I have...

Last edited: