little winter project..

IMG_20160909_194534.jpg IMG_20160909_194335.jpg finally got my z50 tank..quick mock-up got chrome fenders,intek 6.5 hp to go on .. the turf tire is on..I think will look sweet : ]

Well eBay ..I did not know OldMiniBikes carried this..I was already in long weeks escalation when Hent told me they had.this ..if I would have got refund I would have got at OldMiniBikes..i think this would look good on a Baja mmb200..or Warrior replacing fake tank ..it comes in black and red also

Last edited:
Making a bracket under to meet front mounts ..tank will rest on top..rear is just a big tab with a hole..seat will be raised a little more sheet metal plate under .possibly 3" chrome springs under back..leaving frame black with chrome fenders ...may find few more areas to add chrome..I'm happy : ) I paid almost as much for tank as bike $150 bike $115 tank lol..price payed for style..high quality tank ..black or red ones $80

Last edited:
man,i dunno how you guys fit on those small frames esp that new db style.:laugh:
love the tank tho is that the chinese seller?
i looked at those and also found some used ones for around 30 bucks,with no rust inside too<<
none were chrome tho,that looks really good.:thumbsup:

man,i dunno how you guys fit on those small frames esp that new db style.:laugh:
love the tank tho is that the chinese seller?
i looked at those and also found some used ones for around 30 bucks,with no rust inside too<<
none were chrome tho,that looks really good.:thumbsup:
Thanks..with the chrome fenders and a few touches : ] OldMiniBikes has them cheaper than what I got..under trailbikes parts z50 '79 thru '87 frame parts 2nd page..other colors too..as far as fitting on the db30 or mmb80 I move the seats up and back..I'm 5'10"

update..little monster moto....progress so far ..made mounts and metal seat pan,springs and tank.. ..plastic tank was ugly and had bad cap so decided to get something cool instead of buying a clone tank to adapt....have to touch up this Intek 6.5 ..runs good..cables,some metal plate for top of engine..chrome fenders and touchups to go.. : IMG_20161113_100759.jpg IMG_20161113_102511.jpg ..... gonna be fun little ride

Last edited:
update..mounted fenders..repainted,replaced leaky crankcase cover gasket,took out governor,new carb and got mounted ,briggs runs great..need make linkage cover,grind off unused frame stuff,clutch cover,paint etc..eventually bobber seat.. really happy IMG_20161218_092307.jpg IMG_20161218_092558.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good, man. The metal fenders look a lot better than the cheesy plastic ones. It also looks like you removed the welded on sheetmetal side plates on the frame. All in all, the fenders and tank add more of a quality appearance to the bike. :thumbsup:

thanks guys..I wanted something different style..... the briggs runs great..amazing for a 14 year old neglected pressure washer motor.it will end its life with some dignity..haha ..sounds good..if rolling fast and give it full throttle goes ba-baaaaa ..little hesitate,I like that ..remember that sound somewhere ..I really should learn and check valve lash..it sounds ok in there..still...oh and think upgrade brakes

Last edited:
Nice work Raskin! How did the carb clear the rear frame? I have a Honda clone and even with the front drain plug ground down it still hits the frame.