Looked at a new Coleman at TSC Friday

I stopped by TSC Friday and they had one of the new Coleman CT200U sized bikes with the front forks that are similar to a Warrior. They do not use bearings like a Warrior in the neck but they do use the small neck with bushings (I would guess)...

It looks like a direct bolt on for a CT200U. Same tire and wheel.

Just an FYI if anyone was wondering if they might fit.

Doug

I was going to get one and see if they swap. I planned on getting it for the wife but she wants the new monster moto mmb212 when it comes out instead.

Yeah..it is the ex delray.. the mm mb212 is a handsome bike..to me no rear suspension is a deal breaker..i got a guy coming to look at my ct200u after the 4th coz im not sure i want 4 bikes to care for and will free money up to get the mb200-2... I'm having seperation anxiety tho..it was my first bike and i like the classic look of the coleman..it's ok riding on pavement.i have to stop looking at pics and vids of me riding it..lol..:rolleyes:

Last edited:
CT200U-EX (Camo) The Coleman powersports site has the ex listed now..soon I'm guessing they will add parts list..the neck looks small like the ct200u.. bearings may have same part# if so may fit...guess if if there was one i could look at i could take my neck nut and try it on the end of the ex neck bolt ..measure the neck length

Last edited:
CT200U-EX (Camo) The Coleman powersports site has the ex listed now..soon I'm guessing they will add parts list..the neck looks small like the ct200u.. bearings may have same part# if so may fit...guess if if there was one i could look at i could take my neck nut and try it on the end of the ex neck bolt ..measure the neck length
The CT200U-EX has been on the Coleman site for nearly 2 months; I started a thread about it on 5-15-17 and the web (image) search that led me to it said the image was posted 6 days prior (5-9-17). They don't list parts for the CT100U, yet, so I doubt they will list CT200U-EX parts anytime soon. If they ever get around to listing EX parts, I imagine the price of the forks would be higher than what most people would be willing to pay (a regular CT200U fork is $120).

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-discussion/144126-coleman-ct200u-ex.html

I stopped by TSC Friday and they had one of the new Coleman CT200U sized bikes with the front forks that are similar to a Warrior. They do not use bearings like a Warrior in the neck but they do use the small neck with bushings (I would guess)...

It looks like a direct bolt on for a CT200U. Same tire and wheel.

Just an FYI if anyone was wondering if they might fit.

Doug
If I remember correctly, my CT100U has sealed roller bearings; the CT200U probably has the same, and I imagine the EX does, also. Link below is CT200U parts drawing.

CT200U-Frame Body

Yeah..i just like the ct200u frame..i may keep mine and put 18" or maybe even 16" tires and make it a large db30 ..maybe cut the handlebars and put risers and chrome ape hangers :001_cool:...lol...i wonder if they will dicontinue the ct200u

Last edited:
Yeah..i just like the ct200u frame..i may keep mine and put 18" or maybe even 16" tires and make it a large db30 ..maybe cut the handlebars and put risers and chrome ape hangers :001_cool:...lol...i wonder if they will dicontinue the ct200u
Carlisle Snow Hog is available in 16x6.50-8; should work; you'd lose a good bit of clearance, though. Handlebars would be an easy mod. I had thought they were discontinuing the CT200U when it disappeared from the Walmart website and Walmart stores were clearance pricing them dirt cheap. Plus, TSC listed it as discontinued (apparently just by TSC, not Coleman, it now seems). Walmart has it on their website, again, so maybe it's not being discontinued. It comes and goes on Amazon; I guess they get some, sell out, then get more.

The ct200u frame resembles to me, a Super Bronc VT-8 frame...although a bit smaller.

But here's my point [MENTION=54903]Raskin[/MENTION]...keep your ct200u and implement a seat set up with rear springs similar to the way a super bronc does their 'rear suspension'...the front of a longer type seat is connected with a hinge, and rear of seat connected with a shock absorber on each side...it'll take a little modding, to weld a hinge up front and tabs on the back, but done so, I think It'll float like a dream then....and save your back....:thumbsup:

Keep havin' fun...!

Last edited:
The 200 has bearings but they are definitely not sealed bearings.
You're probably correct; I was just going by memory of what the bearings on my CT100U looked like in the 5 seconds, or so, that I saw them before installing the fork. I remember there not being any visible rollers or balls as there was no gap between the inner and outer races, but my memory is subject to error.

The ct200u frame resembles to me, a Super Bronc VT-8 frame...although a bit smaller.

But here's my point [MENTION=54903]Raskin[/MENTION]...keep your ct200u and implement a seat set up with rear springs similar to the way a super bronc does their 'rear suspension'...the front of a longer type seat is connected with a hinge, and rear of seat connected with a shock absorber on each side...it'll take a little modding, to weld a hinge up front and tabs on the back, but done so, I think It'll float like a dream then....and save your back....:thumbsup: ........ pondered that mod..but i don't weld :no: and don't know a inexpensive welding guy sooo .. I'm keeping the ct200 to diddle with and also buying the mm mb200-2 as my main ride doing very little mods to it...problem solved ..hehe

Last edited:

But here's my point [MENTION=54903]Raskin[/MENTION]...keep your ct200u and implement a seat set up with rear springs similar to the way a super bronc does their 'rear suspension'...the front of a longer type seat is connected with a hinge, and rear of seat connected with a shock absorber on each side...it'll take a little modding, to weld a hinge up front and tabs on the back, but done so, I think It'll float like a dream then....and save your back....:thumbsup: ........ pondered that mod..but i don't weld :no: and don't know a inexpensive welding guy sooo .. I'm keeping the ct200 to diddle with and also buying the mm mb200-2 as my main ride doing very little mods to it...problem solved ..hehe
I hear ya...I don't weld either.....:doah:....

but I like your idea now....always nice to have an excuse to buy another mini.....:laugh:.....:thumbsup: