looked for hours, cant find what this is?

Dan-E-boy

Hey guys, so I told myself, no more minibikes... I started this hobby two months ago not knowing anything about them(specially how addictive they are :laugh:) and already have 5. And now this one comes along. Painted a motorcycle helmet for someone and got it as part of the deal. Looked all over this site and can't seem to find anything like it:shrug:. Could it be home made? If so it was made by someone that has good skills because as weird as the frame looks, the fabrication is well done.Clean welds and everything is straight. someone along the way got crazy with a flat black rattle can and didn't know when to stop:laugh:.Any help on finding out what it is would be great, thanks guys.

Mac

Bandit.......
Kal Mfg. Co. Gardena, CA.

I can sell you a set of chrome front fork legs.....ha ha ha

Oh Yeah, and get it painted Yellow

Last edited:

Dan-E-boy

Wow MAC! That has to be some kind of record.. I hit the post button and not even 30 seconds goes by when I get an email with your reply:laugh:. I figured it was yellow because you can see flat black guy missed a few spots. As far as the forks go, let me clean these up and see what shape they are in after I remove the paint, then I will get back to you. Thanks again MAC :thumbsup:.

Mac

As far as the forks go, let me clean these up and see what shape they are in after I remove the paint, then I will get back to you. Thanks again MAC :thumbsup:.
.....Looks like I need to work on my sales pitch(or my people skills). ha ha

Dan-E-boy

Hey MAC, is it direct drive or did it have a jackshaft. mine has no chain or any signs like drilled holes or tabs where a jackshaft would be. But I would imagine there would be a jackshaft since its a swing arm settup or it would mess with the chain tension, right?

Mac

Hey MAC, is it direct drive or did it have a jackshaft. mine has no chain or any signs like drilled holes or tabs where a jackshaft would be. But I would imagine there would be a jackshaft since its a swing arm settup or it would mess with the chain tension, right?
Funny, The brochure says Bandit, but shows a picture of the fancier Bandit II.
The specifications say Transmission: Special design jackshaft with quick gear change.
Maybe someone else has an actual Bandit in the garage.

Dan-E-boy

Thanks jrzmac... Now I'm really hopeing that someone with a bandit looks at this thread and shows us some pics of the jackshaft setup. Really curious as to what that looks like.:confused: