lookin to buy this engine

here is what he says about the engine & im wondering if it would be worth getting this... is it ez to get these running good when there doing this or should i just buy the carb, recoil, engine cover, flywheel & have him scrap the rest? i did search about this but came up with nothing?

This is an old Tecumseh snowblower motor from a blower that I have decided to part out rather than fix. The shft size is 1" by 2.75". Prior to selling the newer gas tank which I purchased for this motor, the motor started but did not run well (sputtered under load and would run unevenly). It has very good compression. I'm guessing it is probably a carburetor issue but I am not a mechanic. Everything on the motor is intact, the head gasket seems fine and the seal on the shaft does not leak oil.

the 1" is a doozie. a 1" clutch will set you back about 100 dollars. You really want to stick with engines with a 3/4 shaft as they are more of the 'industry standard' when it comes to mini bikes and go karts.

thanks guys i wonder what the (sputtered under load and would run unevenly). is this a real prob to work out or is it really a carb issue? i'll probly be putting the engine on a trike i guess i should have mentioned that sorry

delray

are talking about the one over in wausau,wi
Tecumseh Snowblower Motor $30 bucks or maybe even less/offer $20 maybe he will go half $25.
(sputtered under load and would run unevenly) kind of sounds like a carb problem or maybe a spark problem too. just hard to say with out hearing it run in person. that kind of a road trip for you>MN to wausau,wi. still might be worth the road trip.:shrug:

:eek:hmy: HOLY CRAP thats a steel on that motor.. :doah: 1 inch is kinda a bitch but if ya have a jack shaft or are planning on running a TAV unit it's no biggie... OR you could swap it out...

Yeah, sounds like the carb s adjusted a little too rich probably, or bad spark plug... :doah: It's an older bigblock.. It might be iron bore, and come with the high dollar steel tank too..

now thats the answer im looking for lol i'll call him if some1 else hasnt already...
:hammer:

well i called him & things are sounding good... hes gonna check shipping for me

Last edited:

jeep4me

Could be a carb issue, but sometimes when there are problems while running under a load could also mean low compression. Alot of times these older engines just need the head bolts tighened down. I cant tell you how many times thats been the case for me.

Nice motor though, hope you get it.

i give up he didnt really want to ship but i think he would if some1 calls him, but i bought a sled yesterday so im broke for a while thanks for all the help guys
he must have sold it his add is gone

So what i have found out so far, is that 1 inch clutch is pricey, and the shaft can be taken down. Is the power there to want to even mess around with a big H motor. Why tav, what is wrong with clutch?:shrug: other than price?

1inch crank? sounds like a BIG BLOCK H motor. most minibike frames will only fit a hs small block motor.

HM80's fit on Doodlebugs, hahahaha. Can't wait for my clutch to try this torque monster out. 1" shafts ftw.

It was most likley a carb issue, worn out main jet, or just clogged. Sitting on a snowblower over the summer for years will do it. Most people don't drain the carbs when they store them. (mine was filthy and the main jet was all pitted)