Looking for Ct200u jackshaft set up,anyone have one there tripping over?

Looking to see if anyone has a jackshaft set up that they removed and aren't using. I've had a ct200u I picked up cheap in the back of the garage, pulled it out today and the jackshaft is bent. If cash wasn't tight I'd buy the aftermarket one. Thanks guys.

SAS289

I think they are all bent in one way or another...lol. Are you talking about the jackshaft base plate? I have 2 of these bikes and both jackshaft base plates seem to have the same bend in them. If you install the clutch and put a straight edge from sprocket to sprocket it isn't far out enough to be a concern.
I know they are not very well made. Before I ran the bike I went over what was there. Removed castle nut on the jackshaft gear, lock tited and tightened. It was loose brand new. Removed the tensioner, sanded surfaces and greased. Removed the roller, wire wheeled the mass of rust (again brand new) off the bearing shaft surfaces and lubed. Also had to tweek the roller to chain angle.
You could order one from Coleman but they are $60 and they will rape you on shipping. I ordered some hardware from them and it took just over 6 weeks to arrive.
Good luck in your search.

SAS289

Yes. And it doesn't help now that they are using engines with 5/8" (16 mm) output shafts. Some are buying new engines to resolve this. I think the better option is to swap out the crankshaft with a 3/4".

Is there any run out in the JS when you roll the bike? Assuming that the chain is still on from the JS to the wheel...

It truly cant be compared to any surface other than the JS plate.

Last edited: