looking for more info on this mongomery wards mini bike

It looks more like an ARCO EZ Rider than a Wards bike by the looks of the rear axle and front forks with single spring on neck. Maybe someone just slapped a Wards sticker on there themselves. :shrug: Someone will know for sure.

There were Arco's aka Alexander Reynolds bikes badged and sold as Montgomery Wards. I believe member Randy has one in his photos.
Well that's interesting. I knew that towards the end of ARCO's existence they were selling the bikes at True Value but I was not aware of the Wards affiliation. They were also bought out by some company called Dialex in the late 70's.

There is a Wards Arco on OKC CL but I have too many projects, it has a 3.5hp Tec from a Murray and is repainted. I remember the Arcos at Wards, Birds too and they sold other makes as well. Different regions of the country got models that appealed to the target buyers. Like the MTDs and K&S swingarm bikes sold as "Texas Rangers" through an auto parts chain in Texas, I have a Trailblazer with a farm supply fork badge that is original to the minibike and was out of Kansas.

thanks a lot trailhopper it os a arco. I think some one may have put that mongomery wards sticker on later. I realized after I stripped down frame a little more and realized its chrome and sticker was on top of paint. but may have just been taken off while it was painted and put back on. anyway I got an old 4hpbriggs im going to put on. stripp every thing to original chrome and bare metal with some gold leafing, rat rad type restore. I will post more pics thamks.. here is another bike I restored for my son maybe u can identify?

To me its hard to say 100% off 1 pic but that looks like a Sears Drover missing the rear springs and original seat. Should also have the scrub brake setup and kickstand. Whats puzzling is the footpeg placement and style. I've never seen those before. :shrug: It may also be a Bird model (Bird made the Sears Drover as well). I have one and you can see pics in "My Photos" section. Good luck with the ARCO build. :thumbsup: They are one of my favorite bikes.