Looking for real gas tank to replace fake tank on MB165 and MB200s

Has anyone found any favorites for this conversion to functional tanks ?

I found two possibilities at Monster Scooter Parts website and am getting measurements
and capacity info now......

A Harley 883 sportster will fit and a Honda xl175. They are long and skinny and don't have the sexy curves of the original Baja tank. You can also convert your fake tank by welding a bottom in it....

DB200 new functional tank

I posted my solution awhile back and will try to add the pictures again. I found that the tanks on a Pagsta Choppa are nearly identical in shape. Mounting is a little different but easy to overcome. I also believe, but did not conform, that the Honda Shadow tanks are a good match. You can get reproduction one off e-Bay for well under $100. The biggest issue was having to grind off the front bracket for the seat.

Attachments

That's a hell of a lot of work....
Not as bad as you might think. Bend a piece of 20 gauge around a piece of pipe. Trim it to follow the bottom of the tank and run the Tig around it and it wont ever leak. Add a filler neck and an outlet and your done. Delray did his like this.

Not a job for someone without a fair amount of metal working skills. And yeah you are right it is a good bit of work but really not that hard to do with a little thought.

Last edited:
Getting new Pagsta parts is near impossible so a used one might be the best bet. The one I have came from a cycle junk yard that had a Pagsta in the yard. I was lucky, the one I have was off a bike that was damaged in transit and never ran. The tank was in used. Not sure on the capacity since I'm still in the middle of my build. I'll check and see if I can find out from an online resource.