Looking to buy a few 1972 ramrod items

The Ramrod is my first bike I ever owned and I still have it. Bought in 1984 for $80
Looking for the following:
tail light assy
The metal shrouding that goes around the cylinder
Core carburetor
kill switch
brake cables

The Ramrod is my first bike I ever owned and I still have it. Bought in 1984 for $80
Looking for the following:
tail light assy
The metal shrouding that goes around the cylinder
Core carburetor
kill switch
brake cables
JPR95 is a member here who is all about Ramrods, but I haven't seen him here in quite a while and he's not usually into selling much of his stuff. We're both in Omaha, but I haven't been to see him in a few years. I assume he's still around. He's an amazingly talented welder but also a very busy guy. You can try and PM him.

Agreed on the blackwidowmotorsports cable recommendation. Very nice reproductions! Definitely the way to go.

Chinese knock off taillights are all over eBay. Don't let anyone tell you they are NOS Arctic. True Arctic NOS will have the correct multi-plug connection. Vintage replacement taillights (made in the 70's and sold as replacements in the 70's) will have Made in Japan oval stickers on the back and spade connectors. Originals and good reproductions will have a bullseye reflector design in the center of the lens. If the round center resembles a standard cross hatched reflector and/or the connectors are bright gold, it's a $5 fake. It all comes down to how authentic you want it to be. Ebay will get you close. Rechroming an original base and robbing the correct lens from a vintage replacement will be as close to perfect as you can get. The same lights were used on tons of brands so reproductions are plentiful.

The throttle-integrated red kill button on Ramrods and 72 Prowlers are extremely tough to come by. Saxonette recoils are a dime a dozen compared to the availability of these throttle bodies. The red button also tended to spider crack. Just keep watching ebay, or maybe you'll find someone here with a spare.

Metal shrouds are here and there but rare. It seems like people took them off to work on their engines, then just left them off and lost them.

Carb... Hopefully someone has one. I believe the Kawasaki engine was also used on their Kitty Kat snowmobile in the early 70's model. I would assume the same carb was used, so you might search that route too.

I do have a couple of Ramrod recoils if you're in the market. ;)

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk