Low End Power?

How do I get more low end power, or at least some better accleration?
I could change my gear ratio but that's pretty difficult.

I'm not getting a TAV2 because I ordered some $86.00 converter/CVT.

I am assuming that by PTO you mean cam/crankshaft... It's a 5/8" but purchased a 5/8" to 3/4" sleeve/bushing...why?

CarPlayLB

I was going to check the the member Mac here to see if he had any more Comet parts...he had boxes full at one time! But I see you already have yours coming. Curious as to where you got your adapter sleeve. All the ones i see on ebay are too short

I was going to check the the member Mac here to see if he had any more Comet parts...he had boxes full at one time! But I see you already have yours coming. Curious as to where you got your adapter sleeve. All the ones i see on ebay are too short
There is a sleeve that is 5/8" x3/4" x 3"

After the sanctimonious crap you've already taken, you might want to reconsider offering advice, or help in this matter.

You must read my post shown under "engine modifications" on this site. I now have the best of both worlds, torq and top speed. Call me if needed. I will give you the phone number to call !!! I ordered sprocket and 36 hrs later it was installed and I was climbing the biggest hills I could me and it wanted more !!!!! Call me ( 409) 283 7119.

MB165

What mini are ya riding? gearing sometimes isnt too bad to change. Its certainly a great way to get low end. If you get into the engine consider a higher compression ratio.

CarPlayLB

What mini are ya riding? gearing sometimes isnt too bad to change. Its certainly a great way to get low end. If you get into the engine consider a higher compression ratio.
This is a 79cc Predator type motor that is on a 4 wheeled buggy. It is fairly low geared already.

You must read my post shown under "engine modifications" on this site. I now have the best of both worlds, torq and top speed. Call me if needed. I will give you the phone number to call !!! I ordered sprocket and 36 hrs later it was installed and I was climbing the biggest hills I could me and it wanted more !!!!! Call me ( 409) 283 7119.
this guy must be lonely, he keeps tryin to get someone to call him...

FYI if the cvt you got is a comet knockoff with a 3/4" bore it probably won't work for your 5/8 with sleeve. Reason being, a sleeve is only 1/16" thick and may just get torn apart.. There is no set screw holding the cvt on the crank, and the key is part of the cvt parts, which means that with a sleeve only 1/32" of the key will actually be driven by the crankshaft and it will likely fail soon, permanently damaging your crank. The cvt driver spring unit actually hangs off the edge of the crank maybe .650". Also I have heard of people snapping the 5/8 predator shafts when using a TC. If you are decided on he cvt I think your best bet to using a cvt is to get a driver with 1" bore and use a step up sleeve for that size.

Don't believe everything you read here. Most people are just repeaters, repeating the same stuff they've heard others say (get a cvt, get this, get that) without actually knowing wtf they're talking about when discussing engines other than the standard 5hps or 6.5hp clones.

Last edited: