Mag Wheels

PatrickCraik

Hi, A friend just gave me a set of these (4 pieces) they'll clean up nice. The I/d is 5-3/4", they're 3-3/4" wide inside when booked together and the sprocket bolt circle is 6-3/8". They are at least from the early 70's as my friend is now age 52. Were they used on any particular minibike? Are they just a nice looking generic brand? I'm guessing they use 6" tires and I'm thinking of putting them on a larger frame Ruttman another friend has. Thanks for any info.

Pat

NOT.......Astros don't have the provision for mounting a sprocket.

Mark, I initially responded and at the same time corrected myself, thinking Astros, I was shooting from the hip as I'm prone to do. When I seen the sprocket bosses I corrected myself. Our friend mybiz proceeded to correct me on my catastrophic mistake. I’m hate to inform you of this but you will be next to be thrown under the bus for commenting on his excellence. It’s funny, I guess he got in a pissing match with Dad, GTO, Injun, I think you, and Steve D. as-well.
The core group of people on here, “no offence to anyone I did not mention, and not including myself as having any knowledge of course” That really know the Vintage bikes and would go above and beyond to help a guy out.
But I guess when you know everything you don’t need any help?
As for me I’ll continue to admit my stupidity and earn help when I need it.
Randy

The old wheels may have been made by Azusa as well...I don't know. They may have been called Astros....I don't know.
But they are definitely not the same as todays Astro.

I call them all Astros. There are the originals like these here, and then there are the repros, which aren't as wide, and don't have the bosses for the sprocket.

Pat, that’s a nice set of wheels, if you can’t find a sprocket to mount or if you go in another direction I would be interested in them. Keep me in mind.
I wonder if they where only on the chopper? Ruttman shows them on it, and also in there parts catalog. My Ruttman wheels are 4” steel and I have this set in 6” but the only bike I see the "astro looking" wheel is on the chopper?
Ad:

My common 6 inch type: