Major Mini Bike announcement today at 6pm pst!

Attention all mini bike builders, think you got what it takes to build the baddest mini bike on the planet?

Don't miss this major announcement.

jmbr to be held 9-20-14, la cres, ca at cv park!

Bikerscum

Minibike buildoff at Joe's minibike reunion. You have to pay a $500 entry fee, buy & use a new Taco, winner gets $4000.

Sounds like a good way to sell Taco's.

Minibike buildoff at Joe's minibike reunion. You have to pay a $500 entry fee, buy & use a new Taco, winner gets $4000.

Sounds like a good way to sell Taco's.
So if one person enters they automatically win and the $4000 will pay for what they paid to enter and the price of what they spent. I wonder how many people will really enter....

Bikerscum

I guess the Taco is included for the 5 hundred...

Joe’s Minibike Reunion introduces the $5,OOO Mini Bike Build-Off sponsored by Taco Mini Bikes!

So here’s the deal, I am totally pumped over the unreal amount of mini bike builds taking place across the US, (and even world wide) and it’s about time we found out who’s creating the top mini bikes in the land! This newly announced Joe’s Mini Bike Reunion Mini Bike Build Off competition would crown the top Mini Bike builders, and as important, introduce us all to the next new wave and generation of talented builders that will stimulate our hobby going forward!

Looking to turn your hobby into some serious cash, national media exposure, and some fabulous prizes? The JMBR Mini Bike Build Off is the biggest payout competition in our hobby today! Add in the opportunity to have your winning mini bike displayed at some of the largest automotive and motorcycle shows in the world, not to mention a special display area at all future Joe’s Minibike Reunion events, and this should stimulate a huge number of mini bike enthusiasts to get their build on, and then shift into a whole new gear! We invite you to build the best mini bike you can and be as creative as possible to earn the distinction of being the best in the world!

FULL DETAILS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE 2014
JMBR. Event held 9-20-2014 at CV Park in La Crescenta, CA

Joe’s Minibike Reunion Mini Bike Build-Off Outline
TACO Mini Bikes will be the exclusive kit used in the JMBR Mini Bike Build Off. A specially numbered, authentic Taco 2 two-piece kit will be provided with each paid entry! No other make or model of frame can be used in this competition! NO EXCEPTIONS!

3 CLASSES OF ENTRY:
Open to all Professional, Amateur and Young Gun (Under 14) Mini Bike Enthusiasts of the world. Classes are defined as follows:

Pro Class: An entrant who owns or is affiliated with a professional shop, garage or advertised website that offers mini bike related service, parts or consultation. Has participated in a professional mini bike sanctioned event/race.
Amateur Class: Any mini bike enthusiast that is 17 years of age or older.
Young Gun Class: Any mini bike enthusiast that is 16 years of age or younger.

Participant Entry Fee’s:
• $495 for Professional and Amateur entrees
• $395 for Young Gun entrants

capguncowboy

Am I the only person that feels like the entry fee is hugely over-inflated?

I mean, I know it's California, but really? Also, for such a professional entry fee price, the rules are really foggy. The Young Gun class says 14 and young... then it says 16 and younger...?

Bikerscum

Amature class you get to spend 500 to win 1000. Pro class they get to keep your bike.

Judging will be comprised of (5) select members of our mini bike community along with representatives from a major automotive/motorcycle publication.

PRIZE WINNING OFFERINGS:
• Professional Class Winner to receive *$4,000 Cash /Pioneer Car Audio Package!
• Amateur Class Winner to receive $1,000 Cash/Pioneer Car Audio Head Unit!
• Young Gun Class Winner to receive Brand New Taco 22 Mini Bike Rolling Frame Kit, 6.5 Predator engine and Pioneer Car Audio Jacket and apparel package!

NOTE: Professional Class Winning Bike is to be donated to JMBR for perpetual display at JMBR event, future promotional, appearance and charitable endeavors. Both the Amateur and Young Gun winning bikes remain possession of the owner.

How complete is the bike? As in tires, cables, wheels, engine, etc? Complete bike in pieces for $500 entry fee?

On site build-off or at my shop then bring it down there?

capguncowboy

How complete is the bike? As in tires, cables, wheels, engine, etc? Complete bike in pieces for $500 entry fee?

On site build-off or at my shop then bring it down there?
I'm assuming you get it beforehand. For $500, it had better be a complete bike.

Honestly, I feel like them keeping the winning bike is BS. I could see them borrowing it for a time, but taking the bike? Really?

I would say let them use it for promotions for one year, then return to the builder.

At the next years build off, take theirs for a year, and so on.

Guess I am an Amateur then.

Sounds like a game for "high rollers" only; as well as a thinly veiled attempt to promote Taco minibikes using other people's time, efforts, ideas, and financial resources. When I was a little tyke my mama sat me down and said: Little Ogy; life is like a pinball machine. You either score or you lose your balls. I think I'm seeing a pinball machine here. Ogy

capguncowboy

I would say let them use it for promotions for one year, then return to the builder.

At the next years build off, take theirs for a year, and so on.

Guess I am an Amateur then.
I have a feeling it's rigged so they never actually have to pay out the $4000 to anyone anyway. They give it to whatever ringer they put into the competition. Then no one will think it's strange when the winning bike is back the next year. I could be wrong, but with all the fine print, I have my doubts