Manco Rust Bucket

Valocalrep

So after finishing my Sears Roper not long ago i was already looking for a new project to dive into, While at an art show i was promoting the other night my girl decided to stop and buy me a Manco Tbird roller. :girl::xmas-smiley-016: Needless to say she is a keeper. Well i took it home and it was already late so i couldnt due much besides look it over,

Yesterday after work i jumped right into the tear down. While doing the tear down i realized who ever owned this thing before me treated her very porely. Lots and LOTS of rust :grind: Tires were dry rotted beyond beleif. Then i started to look over the frame upclose, No cracks in any of the welds or bars but there are a few bent pieces i have to use a torch to bend. and yes that is a 3/8 extension used as a foot peg :doah:

Im not in a rush on this project since I have a few beach cruisers and lowriders to finsih building for clients but ill be needing plety of help since i dont know much about this thing at all.

Valocalrep

nice project. luckily the tbirds are popular and there is lots of help around
Yeah i have already been talking to Buck about it and i have been looking at everyone one elses for info and details.

Today im going to look over the shocks and break them down and start cleaning them, I need to find somewhere local that sells Evaporust so i can kill a ton of this rust. Im hopeing Thursday i can get up with my father-in-law and have him help me re bend those parts into place and weld up some supports on the frame and a new foot peg. I told my girl since she bought it for me she can choose the colors and she already had some in mind, White as primary and green as accent color. Not sure what green yet but ill make it look good.

They are all of a sudden popular. I am going to look at one this morning.A nice bike to ride and with the large sprocket it will move us big kids easily!
this is what i did with mine.

Last edited:

buckeye

I am at work so, can't tell you the size. I want to say they are bigger than 8. 12 maybe? I'll check when I get to the house.

I am at work so, can't tell you the size. I want to say they are bigger than 8. 12 maybe? I'll check when I get to the house.
nice find! At least you got all or most of the parts with yours. Can't wait to see it finished!:scooter:

not sure of that's the right size. I think it's an 8" rim.

Thanks guys i know mine said 4.00-8 but i wanna make sure i use the right size and not just what some dummy threw on this before he ran it into the ground.

I'll be watching your build, I also have a tbird roller that i'm about 10 years away from working on
Count you should start working on yours at the same time like a joint project, no better time then now to start a good bike :thumbsup:

Wheels should be 10" rims. Make sure you re-enforce the motorplate in front if using a strong motor. Otherwise the plate likes to flex with higher hp and the chain will pop off alot. Go-KartsRus.com carries some OEM parts, look up model 593.

Wheels should be 10" rims. Make sure you re-enforce the motorplate in front if using a strong motor. Otherwise the plate likes to flex with higher hp and the chain will pop off alot. Go-KartsRus.com carries some OEM parts, look up model 593.
Ill measure the wheels when i get home the tires are already gone and in the trash and it went out today :doah: I am going to re-enfore the plate thursday, i think your Tbird is the one i was looking at yesterday to find out how you did it. Does this thing run a #40 or a #41 chain?

It says on Gokartsrus
Tires & Wheels
Front tires: 4.0 x 8" Knobby
Rear tires: 4.0 x 8" Knobby

So what tires should i be getting ill mainly be doign street riding with a little bit of dirt action when i can get to some