Max Honda gx200 head flow?

What's the most flow you can get out of a Honda gx200 head? Welding, big valves and whatever else on a max effort race engine. Seems like the billet head would be better. Opinions?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The most I have ever gotten is 113cfm only 1cfm less than a billet head. This was a welded tunnel ported cast head, and out flowed the billet head at all lower lifts than .450".

The regular un-welded cast super big valve heads I do flow from 98-102cfm.

Remember many people are happy with a simple off the shelf big valve head flowing only 75cfm. Because 75cfm is good for up to 22hp, and that is what most people are satisfied with.

Wax

I know this is an old post but are you sure on the flow figures. If I do a calculation from all the web calculators it shows up different. Maybe I am reading it wrong

What kind of web calculator? You can figure what the most a particular ports minimum CSA will flow but then you have the valve, valve seat, SSR ECT which can drastically reduce flow.

Wax

You need a certain cfm to make a certain power. Regardless of head, if you don't flow that much it's impossible to make the power. The question I am asking is he sure his math is correct

his numbers are pretty close. however just because a head may flow 75CFM with the addition of the rest of the intake system it may be a lot less. If you like I have a spreadsheet I use when flowing heads and if you input cubic inches, VE, and desired rpm it will tell you the required CFM@28" of the inlet tract. Example:
Most Desired Airflow To Produce Up Too The Desired Volumetric Efeciency
# of Cyls CID Desired rpm Desired Ve% Req'd Airflow @28"
1 12 8500 100.00 78