MB165 flat tracker

head and cylinderis done, just need to re-sess the valve springs maybe when i get them. should have a start up video in the next few weeks:thumbsup:

my tires are 20x7x8 by the company "Cheng shin"
73$ for the two with shipping and tax:doah:
front brake mod?:scared: need to see that
Here's the front brake mode. Real simple its just a rear drum adapted to the front. HUGE difference in stopping power, bets mod I ever did. Now I can actualy slow down and corner properly.
http://s426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/Dougwp/clone stuff/?action=view&current=100_9791.jpg
Tyres are Cheng shin 20 - 8 - 8.
They fit with some shims on the rear sprocket. These are a 4 ply with an 800 pound load rating made for tractors. They are hard as hell but I make up for it somewhat with a wide foot print.

did you put a rear wheel in the front?
think im just gunna put a kx65 front end on it
Yes thats justa rear drum on the front. This is a no weld mod and with it you have enough brakes to stop the 165 real short. Where you see the most improvement is down hills and cornering. You can brake late and get on them real hard. Feathering the front brake in a corner and you can aply power early and snap the rear end loose so you turn can come out of the corner under power earlier and turn a little shapper.

These bikes handle like cow. You need to measure your traction against the available power. In some cases being able to make the back end slide will make you faster out of a corner IF you can control it but this is hard to do without a front brake.

My tyres as I said before are real hard. I can lock up the rear wheel if I'm not careful.

Taller and Wider adds its own wierd handling to the 165. The bike feels like double decker bus and some effort is needed to make it turn. You need to lean and pull it now and stearing becomes about swinging your ass as much as.

Some will have a diffence of opinion and the different front ends and wheels do things I can't realy comment on.

Yes thats justa rear drum on the front. This is a no weld mod and with it you have enough brakes to stop the 165 real short. Where you see the most improvement is down hills and cornering. You can brake late and get on them real hard. Feathering the front brake in a corner and you can aply power early and snap the rear end loose so you turn can come out of the corner under power earlier and turn a little shapper.

These bikes handle like cow. You need to measure your traction against the available power. In some cases being able to make the back end slide will make you faster out of a corner IF you can control it but this is hard to do without a front brake.

My tyres as I said before are real hard. I can lock up the rear wheel if I'm not careful.

Taller and Wider adds its own wierd handling to the 165. The bike feels like double decker bus and some effort is needed to make it turn. You need to lean and pull it now and stearing becomes about swinging your ass as much as.

Some will have a diffence of opinion and the different front ends and wheels do things I can't realy comment on.
so you dont need to weld anything on the wheel or use a rear wheel? the drum catches on it just the way it is made?

so you dont need to weld anything on the wheel or use a rear wheel? the drum catches on it just the way it is made?
Well you may need to use some 5/8 flat washers to fine tune things a little. The factory front wheel spacers might be good on one side but as you can see I used a plate to hold the brake in place and I used a couple of flat washers to set up and center everything.

Other than that its a perfect fit and works like a charm.

Net cost freebie from the Baja dealer off a dead 165 he stripped. Brake cables and handle freebie from the same guy who lets me dumpster dive.

1 pring from Canadian tire as a return and some solder for the cable I end since I used a rear brake cable off some sort of Chinese ATV.

Net cost, box of doughnuts as a thank you.....

Oh ya and the steel is some realy thin stuff. Not sure of the gauge but I got it fresh off two line at Algoma lol ( still warm and fresh from the shear line scraps bin of course ). Nothing like clean virgin steel made from quality iron ( Algoma... The US army's 1st and oonly choice in armour plate lol )

Last edited:

SLEEPER...

nice reverse cone megaphone i made with my grandpa

all new header design by me.
cant really see what i did but if you look inside it you would definitely notice:thumbsup:

yep, everything is done pretty much, just need to instal nipples for breahter hoses and then..
set valves lash and put in the bike and run it like a bat out of hell for break in