Me on Rupp Electra (I think) in 1967 to 69

selah

Going through my late fathers belonging and found a pix of me on my Rupp. I think it is Electra, Continental, C-350, or something close. Did my research and search before I asked but still not sure. Thanks for your help.

buckeye

Welcome to the fun.
That was the cats meow. Let's here some more history around that bike. Christmas present. Unjle Jim present. You remember Uncle Jim???

Vintage family photo thread.

selah

I do not have it now but held on to it for 15 years before I sold it. It was a present from my mother and dad for my 14th (?) birthday. It came from a local small shop and it was a standout with all the chrome, lights, and cool seat. I wish I still had it so I could so a full restore on it. Thank you for your questions and kind welcomes. So many Rupps look alike and I am not sure what this one is. Thanks again.

jrzmac

pretty sure you had a 1967 Rupp Continental C-350 Electra. The "Electra" name was because of the lights I think? Here's the ad from 67. Thats your bike on the cover.

Here's another version without the lights. called C-350 Custom:

Selah, pics like that are priceless aren't they? I had a CCS mini for years as a kid and I only have one or 2 pics of it, and not close up! Wish I had more of them, thats for sure. Sweet Rupp though, I have a 66 or 67 Continentel model, just like the pics posted by jrzmac.

Thanks for everyone's thoughtful and expert comments. I do wish I had this back and if I had one I would restore it. Your comments about a Continental Electra seems to be right as I zoomed up closer. It may have the decal on the side and seems consistent with what I researched. You guys agree? Thanks