Micro Mini Build

Hey guys, haven’t been on here since around 2016 so it’s been a hot minute. I’m based in New Zealand so our choices for bikes are pretty slim and because of this I decided to start building a custom bike. It’s gonna be very small hopefully around the size of a Tom Thumb mini bike and will be running a 39cc water cooled Polini 911 mini moto engine clone from china which supposedly run around 6.2hp. I’ve modeled my frame design on the Taco 22 as I love the top seat hoop design. Originally I planned to use the little green Italian Fox Motori engine in the pictures however after more thought I decided against this as the keyway is sheared on the shaft and not having any fitting clutches for the shaft size. The polini clone should have a hell of a lot more power than the measly 1.6hp that my engine puts out, So far I’ve only bent the frame and already had some bent up forks for it so hopefully the hardest work is out of the way. Any suggestions and tips would be much appreciated 51FF8418-8E79-486C-ADB3-4C092EBBDD0A.jpeg 25AB07A2-D27D-46DB-9A9F-8AF29F49A353.jpeg 51FF8418-8E79-486C-ADB3-4C092EBBDD0A.jpeg B4C164BC-4327-4715-9B4F-ACE6142086DB.jpeg

Hey guys, not exactly the most exciting of updates but I actually decided to go in a bit of a different direction for the style of the bike. I’ve decided to go with a vintage WW2 style with an army style green and because of this I’ve sourced a vintage Villiers Midget engine which is a 98cc 2 stroke from the late 40s I believe. It has a brass flywheel and when these are polished they absolutely pop! I plan to either build a new intake for the carb or try source one that will allow me to run the engine with the cylinder running horizontal instead of vertical as I think this would fill the frame in a better way but if I can’t I’ll just figure out how to fit the engine to the frame vertically

Attachments