Micro-power "micro-bike" suitcase mini is home!!!

markus

Came home to a nicely built wooden crate at my doorstep from Cali with my new toy inside! Its a Micro-power Micro bike (made in USA) Should be about a 1970, not really sure just yet.

Its in very nice condition, it also came with 2 almost complete spare O&R engines. I did get it to fire briefly, the shroud/pullstart does not fit to well and I need to work on that so I don't want to go pulling on it too much and break anything just yet. There is another shroud that's in better condition than the one that's on there (with OG paint/decal) but the spring needs work. I gotta research the tiny little engines as I have never messed with them. The one complete motor that came with it is mounted to a vintage "octura" motor mount for a Radio control boat, which I find pretty cool as I used to race Nitro powered R/C boats throughout the southeast when I ran a hobby shop some years ago.

Anyway here she is, I'll take some good photos after I detail it out and get the dust/dirt off it:thumbsup: (the suitcase in the photo is the original that came with these bikes)

gotta love the dual headlights!

nice detail with the kill switch placement

VERY NICE FIND, some guys have all the luck,so ther ant none left for me,very glad for you,must have been like
christmas morning when you were 7 y/o :thumbsup::thumbsup:

There is a fellow now making the diaphragms for your carb. Dad should have his info for you. Most are bad, but when you replace them your good to go. That's the only thing I've seen or heard going bad on them.
That is one super bike! Very well preserved.

delray

cool markus:thumbsup: i just pick up two Disassemble chain saws with O&R motors on them. they look to be the same design as your engine except yellow. will they still work on a a mini-minibike setup? have not taken them apart to see yet? is there anyway to find out what hp they are? i now this the cardinal rule here not to say this,but i was thinking of selling them too. for parts or running.:shrug:anymore info would be a great help:smile:

Mac

Sold my old Micro-Bike to a friend, now it just sits in his garage.
He's old and will never do anything with it, but won't let it go either.
Just hope I'm in his will.

I had so many people asking to buy the seat off it.
I originally thought the seat was added by a nut.

markus

There is a fellow now making the diaphragms for your carb. Dad should have his info for you. Most are bad, but when you replace them your good to go. That's the only thing I've seen or heard going bad on them.
That is one super bike! Very well preserved.

I think maybe I found that guy (sells on ebay from time to time?) Its puking fuel as soon as you open the valve on the tank. I took the diaphragm apart and thought I found the problem with an incorrectly placed spring that holds the check valve in place. fixed it and it still does it:doah:. I took the carb apart on the extra motor only to find those parts robbed already:confused: I think they have the wrong sized check ball in there or something.

I did get the pull start working, took a few hours of messing around but It working, used a better looking shroud and the correct plastic ball for pull handle. with it puking fuel though it does not want to fire easily or stay running so its gonna need some more work before I get to ride it.

cool markus i just pick up two Disassemble chain saws with O&R motors on them. they look to be the same design as your engine except yellow. will they still work on a a mini-minibike setup? have not taken them apart to see yet? is there anyway to find out what hp they are? i now this the cardinal rule here not to say this,but i was thinking of selling them too. for parts or running.anymore info would be a great help
I have never even seen one of these engines up close till now. I saw this bike a few years ago searching minidoodle pictures and put it on my "must have" list. This one came up and I had to have it. I think that "lil petro" used these motors and they used them for "tom thumb" builds as well maybe. The tire scrub assy on this has some thought into it, I know that O&R built a bicycle motor assy called a "chickenpower" and this is probably that assy. they used the motor for a bunch of different power products, I dunno how or what you would need to set it up with a chain and clutch though. It s neat motor, all needle bearings internally etc..

Thats a neat bike is it hard to ride? Be kool to try
I wish I could tell you, I'm betting its gonna be a bitch to ride though. Its hard enough to get situated on it just sitting there not running!! There are no scrapes or damage really on the bike though so maybe its not as bad as it seems.

markus

Jeep2003 was cool enough to send me some scans of an article that had this bike (and a few others on my wish list actually) from back in the day. I was able to blow them up pretty good here and print them out, hopefully they are legible enough on here, thanks again jeep!!!

I left a visitor message on your profile. I'm looking at a micro bike just like yours and want to know if you've had any luck finding parts. I will need a recoil starter at the very least. Thanks, and that's a VERY cool bike.

Have you gotten it running and taken it for a ride? If so, how was it?

markus

bringing this back from the dead... while at a acvw show last weekend i got a chance to see this thing in person and in action...

its sick!
I thought about racing with you guys, but I would probably still be there right now trying to get to the top of the hill :1orglaugh: Had I known Eddie would let the racing go on for as long as he did, I would have brought one of the other bikes to the show!

I thought about racing with you guys, but I would probably still be there right now trying to get to the top of the hill :1orglaugh: Had I known Eddie would let the racing go on for as long as he did, I would have brought one of the other bikes to the show!

my DB30 was untouchable that night... the only reason eddie shut us down was one of the guys on the hill complained he couldn't get his kid to sleep... the only thing i couldn't beat was the greyhound( that was a fastass dog)

I had a chance to buy that bike on Minidoodle a couple years ago,he wanted like $2,500 for it at the time ouch!!.I think the tires are the original General Saftey Rib 2.80x2.50x4:thumbsup: