Military item hobbyists ?

Anyone here into old military items ? My grandfather would send home all kinds of stuff when he was in the Korean war and over the years we have given away or sold a lot of items. All that's left is a shell and I want to get rid of it. Nobody wants it around anymore. I don't know what it is or where to sell it. Does anyone know ? I couldn't find anything on eBay like it or if you can even sell it there.

A Shell...... That sounds rather dangerous, Details or pictures?

If its live, id be extremely careful with it, and it might be alot better just go dispose of it,

(local authorities could help there)

markus

That things killer! No idea the worth of it maybe peruse gunbroker.com or something? I keep getting booted on ebay for a german officers dagger I am trying to get rid of. They are shitty about weapons etc.. on there.

I would like to sell it on eBay but don't know if I can or what to call it. My grandfather sent this home in a box with a human skull. My grandmother threw the skull out but she still has the box and wrapper this was in. I guess back then (40"s) you could take what you wanted. Last year I sold all the masks, canteens,cot's and other military stuff he had. I was surprised by what it brung and how many bidders.

i have a army traeler that had a jet turbine in it,the turbine is out but it a neat
aluminum traler i will get photos in my album, it is small but uses a pintol hook.

I've got these bayonets that my dad brought home from his service in the Pacific in WWII. The bottom one is one Japanese, the top one is US. I've also got his uniforms, service ribbons & medals and various papers and photos. I'll keep all of his stuff. He was in the Army Corps of Engineers, and finished his overseas tour on Okinawa. After the war, he became a civilian employee of the Corps, and was involved in dam construction projects around the Pacific NW. He worked for the Corps until he retired as an upper level manager. He died In Jan '08 at 91 years old.

That's some cool items. My grandmother is 90 and she doesn't want this around anymore I have had it at my house for a few yrs. My wife is scared and wants it out of the house. I would like to give it to someone who collects war stuff and has been looking for somethng like this.

ill trade you a live smoke bomb from veitnam! the bottom is rusting out... but the pin is still in it? :thumbsup: says it covers one square mile in red smoke.

I was in the Military stationed on Okinawa for two years, 1967-1969.
Capturing Okinawa was one of the hardest fought battles of WWII and there were then and probably still are, thousands of unexploded shells lying around for kids to pick up, the adults knew better but the kids didn't.
Several times when I was there a Okinawan kid brought home a old shell for a toy and too often it exploded and killed them or their whole family.