Mini Bike Build

Just wanted to share my mini bike project I started over the Christmas holiday. I'm using ideas from a Rupp frame I have and pics from other mini bikes (Taco, etc). I'm figuring some things out along the way, but that's ok. Feel free to share any feedback or ideas you have. I'll submit more posts to share all pics. Thanks!

Mini Bike Tube Bending 1.JPG Mini Bike Project Top Frame Bending 2.JPG Mini Bike Project Side Frame Sections.JPG Mini Bike Project Side Frame Sections 2.JPG Mini Bike Project Frame Pieces.JPG

Mini Bike Build cont.

Yes, it's been a lot of fun, so far. Looking forward to the final bike. This is my first time building a mini bike.

Mini Bike Project Frame Tacked.JPG Mini Bike Project Frame Tacked 2.JPG Mini Bike Swingarm.JPG Mini Bike Frame Welded 4.JPG Mini Bike Build Frame Assy.JPG

Great work so far.

The only suggestion I have is regarding the swing arm pivot. the swing arm pivot bolts will elongate(wear) the holes in the frame they pivot thru unless you surround them with a bushing they can pivot on. Or you can change the pivot set up by removing the nuts which are in the swing itself, and replacing them with bushings and use one long bolt from one side of the frame to the other as the pivot.

Keep up the good work. I'm in Chicago and would look forward to heading down Old 66 to meet you someday(after the weather breaks). I've got some fabrication needs of my own.

P.S. If you need tecumseh engines or parts, let me know, I got plenty

Thanks!

I do have some more recent photos, where I did add some bushing to the jackshaft plate. I think they will work fine. I noticed the Rupp frame had some binding in the swing arm, as it just had bolts in a through hole. I also did some changes to the swing arm. I'll updates more photos over the weekend.

Come on down! My daughter-n-law's family owns the Polk-a-Dot Drive In. I was thinking about asking them if I can have a mini bike show one day in the summer. They have a car show in August. I think it would be a great event and a lot of fun. The weather will break in about 4 months!!:laugh:

Yes, it works ok for 7/8" 0.120" wall tubing. I will build a stand for it and sink some hardware in the concrete at some point. Thanks for the feedback!