Minibike Dirt Racing in MI. ???

A stock or modified bike is still fun to ride,as long as its on DIRT! A small group of bikes and a place to ride is all that's needed. Who is in?

This thread is alive! I thought I was the only person who liked the dirt?
Oh man, Pac... you have no idea! Ideally, i'd like to eventually have a whole racing season with different tracks, a points system, and trophies at the end, which I will pay for/make out of my own pocket. I just love racing, love bikes, I want to learn more about motors and tuning, and a mini bike is my affordable option. I'm super geeked that there are more dudes in Michigan who want to start racing on courses.... and not just that drag race nonsense like they have on DetroitHoodTV on youtube.

My vote is we do some street tracks, and some dirt tracks. I'm gonna start knockin' on doors of businesses trying to find more places to race.

i'm old school. wait, i'm just old! i have a couple bikes with stock predators (governors removed) and those things are scary fast. and they're stock! i don't need to go fast on a minibike. i do like how they start first pull every time and seem very reliable and are $100 brand new. but i don't like their 'look' nor their aggressive personality.
When I have some extra cash, i'll buy another one and i'll keep it stock. Like I said... I think I did something wrong on mine cause even with all the aftermarket stuff it does NOT feel aggressive. I built the motor before riding it stock though so I have nothing to compare it to. It feels like it goes pretty fast, but even with the stock gearing I think i'd pretty much have to pin it from a dead stop to get the thing to wheelie.... and the stock motors on Youtube seem to pull wheelies like no other. I think maybe i'm losing torque somewhere... maybe a bad gasket or something?

I missed something somewhere. I read where this was going to be for stock minibikes with FLATHEAD engines. Now All I'm reading is about Chinese Predators. What happened? Did this change from flatheads to Chinese engines? I have Briggs Animals, are they allowed to race too?

Danford 1,since I started this thread it was always open to any combination as long you wanted to race in the dirt.

Last edited:
Leaf1300,the tires i like to use are Kenda turf 15-5.50-6. They measure 14.5 inflated. Yours measured 14.0 inflated. See John at Allied Leisure on 8mile in Farmington. They get 40.00 each.

cfh

i like round tires. in fact, i invented round tires. before me, they were square. round tires work much better. i ride FAST with my round tires.

Danford,I did say that. It was a group that we used to race with all types of bike combos then fizzled out. They wanted to come back with it as a vintage deal but that has knot happened yet. When? Who knows??? That why I posted is anybody out there doing any private property mini deals. Fingers are crossed!

Last edited:
Ok bro.. nice... looks sweet... I have two Ken. Tires in my Amazon cart... I gotta put a rear tire on asap... you seen my rear slick.... LOL...

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk