Minibike racing in Norwalk, Ohio

Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio, is setting up a new minibike class for us to run our bikes on Wednesday nights. This is a drag racing event and there is no recreational riding on the property. Safety gear consists of a helmet, eye protection, long pants, gloves, jacket, and boots that cover the ankle bone. This is dial-in 1/8 mile bracket racing so it is open to all. You do not need a dedicated race bike. Any safe daily rider bike is fine.

If interested, please post up.

https://www.summitmotorsportspark.com/page/b754afab-fe52-45f2-1f17-08d5471f3a6a

moetrout

$11 to race, that sure is racing on the cheap! Here is the schedule for the Wednesday Fun Night races:

2018 SCHEDULE
May: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
June: 6, 13
July: 11, 18, 25
August: 1, 15, 22, 29
September: 5, 19, 26
October: 3, 10

EVENT SCHEDULE
Gate Open: 5:00 p.m.
Time Trials: 5:30 p.m.
Eliminations: 8:30 p.m.

moetrout

I emailed Summit Motorsports Park about mini bike races Wednesday night. Janette Damron replied to me and said "What you heard was indeed a rumor. Mini bikes are not permitted to race on Wednesdays". So it seems this is false, unfortunately. I did ask her if they might setup a night for mini bike races. I'll let you know what I find out.

moetrout

Right after I posted the above I got an email from Sam Lance at the track. He said he has been trying to organize something with "the leader of the Michigan club". He was waiting on that person to let him know possible dates. He said he would check his email and contact the guy and when he found out more he would let me know. Stay tuned!

Right after I posted the above I got an email from Sam Lance at the track. He said he has been trying to organize something with "the leader of the Michigan club". He was waiting on that person to let him know possible dates. He said he would check his email and contact the guy and when he found out more he would let me know. Stay tuned!
Sam Lance is our contact for Wednesday night racing. Unfortunately I am still in Hong Kong and will not be able to attend until June 6th. I will send Sam an email today.

Update:

I just received an email from Sam. He will look at the schedule and give me some dates for us to run our bikes. I will post the dates as soon as I receive them from Sam.

Last edited:

moetrout

Sam Lance is our contact for Wednesday night racing. Unfortunately I am still in Hong Kong and will not be able to attend until June 6th. I will send Sam an email today.

Update:

I just received an email from Sam. He will look at the schedule and give me some dates for us to run our bikes. I will post the dates as soon as I receive them from Sam.
You must be the "President of the Michigan mini bike club" that Sam mentioned. He told me yesterday he was going to email you. If I can be of any help in getting it coordinated let me know.

You must be the "President of the Michigan mini bike club" that Sam mentioned. He told me yesterday he was going to email you. If I can be of any help in getting it coordinated let me know.
I do not know anything about the "minibike club" but I will post dates once I receive them from Sam. We should be set to go once we get firm dates.

I know it's a short notice but the first race will be June 6th at Norwalk. My bike is not ready but it is OK. I will be there to help the track personnel and other minibike racers so we can get our program started.

You do not need a dedicated race bike. This is supposed to be a fun event for us. Any minibike that is a safe rider is fine. Riders will need boots (over the ankles), helmet, eye protection, long pants, long sleeve jacket, and gloves. I will be available to help anyone as needed.

If you are intending to go, please post up so I can get a head count.

I have to call the track on the the June 4th and I will post any updates ASAP.

We only had one bike at Summit Raceway Park last night. They have a dedicated minibike class for us and everything went well.

Here are the dates for the rest of the season:
July 18
August 15
Sept. 19
Oct. 10
Gates open at 5pm, time trials start at 5:30pm, and eliminations start at 8:30pm.