Minibike restoration project - Lil' Indian Sabre

My father and I worked on this project when I was a kid. I think it is a Lil' Indian Sabre but I'm not entirely sure. At any rate, I have restored it and captured the majority of the restoration on camera.

[video=youtube;wJbKBLTMgVc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJbKBLTMgVc&index=1&list=PLdAtoXFgfA39l8Cc7yKV_YuIr_ncTUFb7[/video]

capguncowboy

Looks great. If you're looking for a brake solution, check out the clutch brake kits. They work great (as long as the chain doens't come off).

That throttle assembly you used worked fine for me. I never had any issues with it sticking or anything. Did you apply any grease to the handlebar or the thottle tube housing?

Looks great. If you're looking for a brake solution, check out the clutch brake kits. They work great (as long as the chain doens't come off).

That throttle assembly you used worked fine for me. I never had any issues with it sticking or anything. Did you apply any grease to the handlebar or the thottle tube housing?
Thanks. I coated it with a very thin oil comparable to something like clock oil or small bearing oil. After shooting the video, I worked on it and got it to work halfway decent. It doesn't stick anymore. I ended up putting a smaller wire cable (from a different throttle assembly) inside of the sheath that came with the new assembly. It's not the best but works good enough.

T-Town Mini

Nice videos...thanks for sharing your build...the bike came out well. :thumbsup:

As for the throttle you used from...I had the same issue with it sticking and noted in another thread what the problem was.
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/tech-section/114232-throttle-help-post957545.html#post957545

I removed about an 1/8" from the inside edge of the throttle hand grip to resolve the slow return issue. It works as it should now...so well that I even put more tension back into it with the adjustment screw on the housing.