Minibike Show Arundel, ME

Bentley's Saloon, 1601 Portland Rd, Arundel, ME (207)-985-8966
I grew up watching Bentley Warren race, but now it seems he has retired lol
Haven't been to this show yet, my Dad and I were planning to attend. Hope to see some of you there!

I was able to take one pic

We had a fun time, there were some real nice bikes there and the dudes who won trophies seemed like cool guys. They both brought at least 4 bikes each, some Rupps and Honda trail70s and a couple 50s which people seem to really like. As well as a cool old-timey motorcycle style bike and a custom chopper that was really cool too. All in all it was hot out - so was a long day.
It seemed like people didn't really get our drag bikes but whatever, prob the last time I will bring that bike to a show. That bike is all go and NO show lol. I did overhear a sarcastic "better luck next year" comment from where the winners were loading up their dozen bikes. That's when I really laughed. We were there to have fun, we weren't seriously thinking we were going to win anything.
If you want to make smart comments because you won a minibike contest, then more power to you. I guess some take it serious and some don't oh well different strokes for different folks. Funniest part is our bikes prob made more HP than all the other bikes combined LMAO.

We ended up getting some PBR swag, T-shirt etc. for entering, plus the pig plate was delicious so it ended up being a cool outing.
Not sure if I would drive all that way again just for that but was OK anyways for what it was. Everyone was pretty friendly and generally really good vibes.

I counted 17 bikes at the show. It was fine, we had to drive 2+hrs to get there so no drinking but that place is set up to party! They have pig roasts every Saturday and lobster bakes sometimes it reminds me of that Broken Spoke place that I saw on TV. There is also a campground there too.

As far as the comment, I did find it in poor taste but funny too since one was pulling a trailer loaded with minibikes and the other was driving a box truck full of minibikes. 2 of us were in a E-350 with 1 bike each lol. I mean when there are 17 bikes and 2 guys have half the bikes, obviously their chances of winning are increased.
It was our first time entering into a show, doubt we will do that again. I mean those bikes are meant to race, not to be looked at like that. A couple ppl at the end of the show wanted me to fire up the bike, but weren't getting that I didn't bring my electric starter and that I didn't feel like changing the oil and draining the fuel just to idle the bike for 5 min. lol
i knew that was going to happen, which is why I left my helmet, boots and starter at home on purpose. And still they tried.
My buddy said I might have won had I started up the bike but this bike is a racer, I'm not doing all that to win a minibike show, but I will do that and more to win a race though lol

So it seemed like people went for the Honda 50s and 70s which kills me since it is foreign stuff. These people are supposedly super duper Harley ppl and supposed to be into American stuff. Here we had 2 high performance Briggs motors on drag bikes that were essentially hand built - with 25+ HP each and everyone likes the Hondas and clones with 5-6 HP on boring restored bikes.
I am not taking anything away from those bikes, they were in nice shape and looked really cool and they deserved to win.
We just thought that this crowd would appreciate custom hand built race bikes rather than bone stock repop bikes.

Well, now we know lol and we had a good time regardless. Guess some "Harley" people are different than they used to be.