Moped parts adaptable to mini bikes?

I don't know much about moped/scotter type vehicles but, I have been noticing a lot in my girlfriends hometown. I'm assuming they have a torque converter or a really small maybe 3 speed transmission on some of theses 50cc scotters to get them up to 50ish mph. If I found a smashed up one for cheap I wonder if its possible to adapt the torque converter on the rear swing arm to be used on a predator in a mini bike? At the very least I could pull the lights, mirrors, battery and brakes out and adapt them to a mini pretty easily.

Anybody have any knowledge on scotters? Here's one I just found almost a little to nice to rip apart. Also I'm thinking like $100 -$150.

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/mcy/5659953655.html

Most of those run a gy6 engine. Same engine that a ton of the cheap "Chinese" kids atvs use. There are hop ups out there for it and you can turn a 50cc to a 150cc easy enough but the ones I've seen wouldn't work on a mini bike without a ton of mods. They are pretty well known to be questionable quality throw away engines, pretty sure thats why you are seeing so many 2nd hand. IMHO you might be better off building a mini yourself around the engine. There is 2 different versions a long (more common on scooters) and a short (atvs).

I do happen to have a 50cc 4 wheeler my son rides around on. I can try to take some detailed pics of the engine if you would like to see if it's something you want to tackle. I gave $50 for it because the carb was out of tune and the idiot burnt the starter up just cranking and cranking on it.. The joys of "non serviceable" carbs. They use break off torque to yield screws you have to drill out to get the carb apart. I got it running but I wouldn't give over $25 for another one.