More Rpm!!!!!

N-gin

First we dont know what rpm he is turning in the first place only a speed. So without knowing his gearing we know nothing. You can remove the vovener and that doesnt mean you will go faster. For instance if you have a 3 horse engine and gearing for highway speed and top out at 35 mph. It might not be the govenor it just might be that the engine is not strong enough to gain any more rpm with the gearing he has. This guy might be only turning 3500 rpm and the engine just doesnt have the guts to go faster cause of gearing.

To get a answer I or we would need some more info. Size of engine, how old, gearing, tire size, clutch type, all mods including carb and exhaust.:thumbsup:

Ok tell me how fast i'm goin. please

I have a 4.5 HP OVH robin engine. with out the gov. it says on the internet it pumps out 3500 RPM. i think. its a new engine. Tire size is 8 1/2 high. 12 tooth clutch and 70 back sprocket. comet clutch. stock engine no special parts..

this enough lol

How fast?

thanks
Liam

N-gin

The fomula is RPM x TIRE DIAMETER
..................--------------------- = MILES PER HOUR
.........................ratio X 336

Last edited:
Don't forget thats 3500 RPM GOVERNED, but when you remove the gov. your spinning the engine faster then the engine was made for, and that makes the rods and cranks weaken....and the flywheel come closer and closer to grenading......and before you know it BOOM! your engine blows while your flying down the road at 50, you lose your balance and fall off, sliding your face on that smooth sub-division cul-de-sac concrete. i can hear the sirens now...

In other words, if you wanna go faster then a stock, governed engine will let you, you have to consider safety first...START SAVING UP YOUR MONEY, YOU WILL NEED IT IF YOU WANT TO GO FASTER SAFELY.

just my 2 cents...

N-gin

You have a 5.83 ratio so that is a real torqu gear not ment for speed.

So in other words if you are sure you are at 3500 rpm then you are going a wooping 15 mph:lol::blink:

N-gin

I would say get your self a manual tach. The one that you place on the engine and it measures vibration of the engine to determin rpm they are $10 at a mower place.
You definatly have enough power to not rev out your engine.. get a 42 tooth rear sprooket and at 3500 rpm you will be at 26 MPH, and if you. If you think 15 MPH feels like 35 then 26 MPH should seem like 70MPH to you:evil_laughter:
Good luck and happy wrenching:thumbsup:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I think his measurements are a bit off that's all.

Most likely he has a 12 tooth clutch with a 72 tooth rear gear. The tire isn't 8 1/2" round. Remember you have to measure the tire circumference. Your best bet is to measure your rear tire around with a measuring tape. Then buy a tach and see exactly what your running.

Either way when I calculate it up, you are almost running 20mph. But that's with you only turning 3,600 RPM.

N-gin

Let me ask, what fomula are you using with circumfrence? I am not familiar with it. I would like to know if there is another way to calculate speed.