Motorcycle Racing Video

I had back surgery a couple of months ago. I feel fine now, but the doctor says no motorcycle racing (or dirt biking or bicycling or minibiking) for a couple more months. I still wanna hang out w/my racer pals and be close to the action, so two weekends ago I gathered up some gear and took a bunch of video at a supermoto event in Redmond, Oregon. I just used a couple of point & shoot digital cameras (most all take video now), and a cheap helmet cam. The iMovie software that came w/my Mac is really fun to use and made it easy to hook all the clips together. Click twice on the image below to actually go to You Tube (you probably already knew that part). When you get there, be sure to hit the "watch in high quality" and "full screen" buttons. It really helps. Leave a comment on You Tube if you like it or hate it, or maybe subscribe to my videos. I'm going to do more of this.

I've raced this event before. It's a riot. The concrete arena floor is really slick. Everyone runs super soft compound rain tires, and the organizers paint the shape of the course w/a couple hundred gallons of Coke syrup to make it nice and sticky. By the end of two nights of racing there's a thick layer of rubber on top of the Coke syrup and the traction is great. Plus, they say the floor cleans right up w/water after the races are over.

YouTube - Redmond Oregon Supermoto

Last edited:

Motra

That's really cool! I raced flattrack back in the eighties and just to see some good sliding action gets my heart pumping. There's nothing like the feel of throwing it sideways.

Glad you liked it. I used to ride flat track in the mid-'80s, too. Castle Rock TT was my favorite. Most of the grownups in our supermoto group seem to have road racing or MX backgrounds, but the fastest kids come from flat tracking. At the race where I took the video, a couple of the kids did some giant slides for me to photograph. Take a look. These guys have been riding flat track since they were barely old enough to talk. #414 is 16 yrs old, #51 is 14 and #14 is 13.