Muskin Dune Cat

Hi guys got a Muskin Dune Cat, and got a question, the differential i think is a Peerless brand. one of the axle shafts is broke. i was wondering if I could just replace one shaft or would it be easier and cheaper to just put a one piece axle in it.

You want a differential so it turns easier. It is hard to tell if the axle is broken or if the casing just broke. Do you have better pics of the broken area.

thanks for the quick reply, as you can see the end where the spider gear attatches inside the differential broke off. Dont think it can be welded back on.

No Keyway. Cheaper to buy them straight from Larrys if you can weld your hubs on the ends. But if you want to bolt on hubs and use keyways buy the Northern Tool ones.

Who is Larrys and do the still sell them. Do you have a link,
Larry was at Windber last year parked in the middle of the oval track. He had a couple of these differentials and said he had 300 more back at his shop. I called when I got home and they mailed me out the ones pictured. Shipping was cheap and the price was unbeatable. The good part is that if you have axles that are the right size.(I think these are 1" that drop down to 3/4" in the housing). You can just swap the center part and use your old axles. Ask him for the Alsport differentials. I think he bought them out.
You may want to call and see if he is going to WINDBER and ask him to bring some. Hell for that price bring them all buy them and easily double your money on Ebay...lol... Also these differentials are brand new. They are coated with Cosmoline to keep them from rusting. You can clean it off if you want. They just look old and used but are new and clean up new.

Go to Outdoordistributors.com and if you know the model number of the diff you can look up the model on their site. Parts are still available for many of the older peerless diffs. There should be a small tag riveted to one side of the diff housing. Good Luck