My $30 buy for the week

125ccCrazy

Picked this up, well actually it was dropped off today by my son's buddy... $30.... the engine on it now is shot, the block was ventalated but he is supposed to have the stock engine and will be dropping it off later... The kid brought it over and asked, do you want it for $30?? Ummm yeah...

I know it's not a classic but for the price I couldn't pass it up..
View attachment 7082
View attachment 7083

bandit 40

What you doing 125ccCrazy thats two mini's you have purchased blown :sadcrying4: You have any plans for that?:hammer::hack::grind::weld:????

bandit 40

Hey you are right Fullthrottle YOU CANT BEAT THAT I was just giving 125ccCrazy some s##t , because I know he felt burnt on the first mini............:thumbsup:

125ccCrazy

I'm gonna look for something else to put on it, maybe a 5hp briggs or a clone... either way I have to repair or :hack: the engine plate off and :weld: on a new one as they hacked this one pretty bad with a cut off wheel to get this briggs on it..

This engine was just stock, the rod broke about half way up and then tore the rod cap off that part, some of it must have went flying out that hole as there wasn't enough parts left inside for the whole rod LOL..

I'm not totally sure what I'm gonna do to it yet, probably shove it up in the attic until I get my drag bike and my Wildcat put together... I just couldnt say no for $30...:thumbsup:

125ccCrazy

Just weld and engine mount blank on top then get a HF $99 clone. Cheap and easy. :thumbsup:
Thats kind of what I was thinking, I was going to get an engine plate, mark it where it has to go and then mark around it on the stock plate, cut the stock plate out and weld the new one in place.. I think that would be about the easiest route.... In the long run a clone would be about the cheapest..

Thats kind of what I was thinking, I was going to get an engine plate, mark it where it has to go and then mark around it on the stock plate, cut the stock plate out and weld the new one in place.. I think that would be about the easiest route.... In the long run a clone would be about the cheapest..
Yeah but it's easier to leave the mount and put a flat mount on top. Then if it bugs you weld the bad holes underneath and grind flush. It will be stronger too.

125ccCrazy

Yeah but it's easier to leave the mount and put a flat mount on top. Then if it bugs you weld the bad holes underneath and grind flush. It will be stronger too.

yeah thats true.....I'd probably cut the outter edge of the stock plate as thats the area they hacked real bad, I could just cut back in maybe an inch and then over lay the new plate and weld around the edges..

I'm also thinking about a jackshaft for better gearing and maybe doing away with the big fenders and put smaller fenders down lower to the tire and then some sort of nice turf tires, dont care for the tractor tread that came on it... The idea is to make it look more vintage , well thats the ideas in my head right now LOL....