My awesome adventure

Awesome adventure

I would guess that is Carl Casper's museum.Carl was from Detriot and built some of the finest show cars of the day. He moved his cars to a storage facility in Louisville Kentucky where they were stored for many years. Not many know that only part of this warehouse was heated and in order to preserve the chrome each car had all its chrome plating covered with Vaseline--they bought it in 5 gal pails.In 2002 which was the 40th anniversery of his car show in Louisville he wanted all his cars to be running and displayed at the show. A team was hired to clean off all the Vaseline from every car and his head mechanic had the job of getting all the cars to run. One of the last was the Telephone Booth which was powered by a Chrysler Hemi as most of his cars were. My friend and I started and drove it on the trailer to take it to the show--it was an awesome night. The 1921 white T Touring car was built for Carl by a friend of mine--John Musak of Detroit and When I was visiting John with my 1921 T Touring for the Street Rod Nationals--we were sitting in the back yard scraping chrome off the four barrel carbs so we could assemble them for the car. The car was originally built for David Cassidy of the Partridge Family and his name was on the grille in brass letters. This was later changed and removed. In Carl's warehouse on top of the office were cases of MPC models all unopened of all the cars he ever built. In a rack at the side of the shop were close to a dozen Keith Black Hemi engines waiting to be used. Carl signed a picture of the Cassidy car when I was at John's and in 2002 when I was showing at his show he re-signed it and asked me if he could buy it back from me as it was the only one he had ever done. A great guy who did alot for Hot Rodding in the day--he also has the largest collection of the rarest horse drawn hearse in North America and showed them after his cars. Last I heard the museum wsa moved back to Michigan where I presume Jessie saw it. I would love to know where it is today---thanks for the memories--Bill.

I would guess that is Carl Casper's museum.Carl was from Detriot and built some of the finest show cars of the day. He moved his cars to a storage facility in Louisville Kentucky where they were stored for many years. Not many know that only part of this warehouse was heated and in order to preserve the chrome each car had all its chrome plating covered with Vaseline--they bought it in 5 gal pails.In 2002 which was the 40th anniversery of his car show in Louisville he wanted all his cars to be running and displayed at the show. A team was hired to clean off all the Vaseline from every car and his head mechanic had the job of getting all the cars to run. One of the last was the Telephone Booth which was powered by a Chrysler Hemi as most of his cars were. My friend and I started and drove it on the trailer to take it to the show--it was an awesome night. The 1921 white T Touring car was built for Carl by a friend of mine--John Musak of Detroit and When I was visiting John with my 1921 T Touring for the Street Rod Nationals--we were sitting in the back yard scraping chrome off the four barrel carbs so we could assemble them for the car. The car was originally built for David Cassidy of the Partridge Family and his name was on the grille in brass letters. This was later changed and removed. In Carl's warehouse on top of the office were cases of MPC models all unopened of all the cars he ever built. In a rack at the side of the shop were close to a dozen Keith Black Hemi engines waiting to be used. Carl signed a picture of the Cassidy car when I was at John's and in 2002 when I was showing at his show he re-signed it and asked me if he could buy it back from me as it was the only one he had ever done. A great guy who did alot for Hot Rodding in the day--he also has the largest collection of the rarest horse drawn hearse in North America and showed them after his cars. Last I heard the museum wsa moved back to Michigan where I presume Jessie saw it. I would love to know where it is today---thanks for the memories--Bill.
it was in auburn indiana Kruse Automotive & Carriage Museum | Museums

That looks like a great place. Thanks for posting all of those photos. Earlier this year, my wife and I visited the Peterson Automotive Museum in Las Angeles. It was pretty good, too. In August, we're going to go attend motorcycle races in Peoria, Illinois, and Indianapolis. Part of our Indy stay will include a trip to the speedway and its museum.

That looks like a great place. Thanks for posting all of those photos. Earlier this year, my wife and I visited the Peterson Automotive Museum in Las Angeles. It was pretty good, too. In August, we're going to go attend motorcycle races in Peoria, Illinois, and Indianapolis. Part of our Indy stay will include a trip to the speedway and its museum.
this museum isnt far from indy plus they have a whole museum just to the flat head ford. its a real cool town.