My Built-from-Scratch Minibike

Im 17 years old and I just started my second mini bike last 3 days ago. The first one failed and was terribly complicated. So i went back to the drawing board and drew a scale drawing. I tried to include a picture of my drawing but im new here so im not sure if it worked. I ordered most of the parts already, except for the clutch. Im also going to upgrade the engine so i can get more rpms. The way i have it gear it should be able to go around 40 mph if my math is right. Tell me what you think.

danc9

First mini

IMHO it's better to learn your build before investing your finished materials into the project. 25$ for a conduit bender and a few dollars of 1/2" conduit will let you try the angles first. If its not right, cut it out and try again. Once you have what you looking for use your good stuff. You will be more confident in you final build because you've already built one before!

DAN

Thanks but it would have been better if i thought if that before i bought all the pipe and parts. I understand what ur saying tho. I just hope this one goes better than my first bike

MikeBear

Hey look, here's yours already built!:

Well, pretty close anyway. It's called a Murray Mini Racer Track 2. I hope will72rupp1 doesn't mind that I borrowed his picture.

Ill wasnt smart enough to take pictures of the first on. I have one of the frame stripped. Im going to work on getting it up. and yeah that bike does look alot like what i drew :thumbsup:

I hope you keep trying...

It takes a lot of skill and imagination to build a frame from scratch, so an unsuccessful first-try is not a bad thing...

I recycle what worked on the first attempt and scrap the rest and press on until I arrive at something I like...

As long as you're havin' fun doing it, it doesn't matter...

Your right about that. I built a go kart out of a snowblower (works but its was made when i couldnt weld so it dangerous lol) and i was disappointed when i was done building it. Anyway the frame has come along way in the last two days. I only have one more main part to deal with. Im going to try to get some pictures up :laugh:

You're right i have a love working on all my projects whether i fail or not. I think I've learned alot from my previous mini bike attempt. Its been almost a year since I've stopped working on it. Anyway I made alot of progress on the bike today. :laugh: Ive got the main part of the frame almost complete. Ill try and get some pictures up but it keeps saying upload error.:confused:

heres some pictures

well its further along than this but these were the only ones they would let me upload:mad: but ill keep trying to get all the pictures up. Let me know what u guys think:thumbsup:

finally got the current pics up :thumbsup: the frame is tweaked to one direction on the bottom but i will fix that saturday. and sorry guys i cant get the picture of the first try up :sad:

Finished the main frame pretty much. Except for welding the whole thing. I started on the swing arm today and it looking pretty good. I put some pictures of what it looks like now. :thumbsup:

Hi Alex! It's refreshing to see a 17 year old building something. And doing it from scratch is all the more impressive.
It really looks good:thumbsup: I like the sharp lines, very cool.
On your photo's; sometimes the site won't upload a photo if it's to large, or to small. I don't know why? Computers are not my thing. But try changing the size and they may upload.

Heres the first try!! I finally go a picture up. It used a vertical shaft engine off a lawnmower and a friction drive set up. This is a picture of the frame completely stripped after sitting out for a while. I got rid of it already. I think the second one is better already:thumbsup: