My dream machine

So over the winter ive been saving and gathering ideas waiting for it to get warm enuff for me to go outside and mees with my minis and IT IS THAT TIME!!:laugh:

So I finally got started on my dream bike. Yea I know a DB with a clone, been done a million times, but not by me and Ive never seen one in person. So here it is,

I still wanna get a header and a nice air filter, then Ill have to rejet it I know. I can put the cool clutch cover on it that came with the install kit cuz it rubs the clutch bolt, Ima try 2 small washers to gimma that lil bit of clearance soz the bolt doesnt rub, it just barely touches and makes a noise and made a small groove grinding. Besides that Im happy the way it is. ALmost got her broke in, so I havent even really gotten a feel of er'.

I wanted to ask ppl about the dual header on OldMiniBikes,hows it look on a bike? Ive tried searching and no luck.

ANd I really need to learn how to re-thread the barrel end into a twistgrip useing the step retainers and whatnot, do I really need to slide the whole inner cable outta the housing and then reslide it all back in place? I cant see me doing that with a frayed end getting caught in the houssing.

ANyways comments welcome and Ill add more pics as I go, Oh I also want Hydro brakes real soon.

I used Promod's, worked great, axcept the cover hitting the bolt, but ive never heard anyone else say anything about that so I think its just me for some reason( its my luck, im used to it), I would recomend it to anyone, altho there is another from a member on here that I think is just as good quality. You choice, only difference is the cover actually, I wanted the longer one.:thumbsup:

I need a good paint scheme, IM thinkin army green and flat black!

Is the 6.5 engine any smoother? I know top speed improves a lot, but how about off-line power and climbing hills? Any issues with weight distribution (harder to balance?) or the engine protruding out and being in the way of your leg? Just curious before I take the plunge.

everyting you are wanting that your 2.8 doesnt have, the 6.5 does. :hammer: Take off is better, top speed is better, thru mud and sand is better( in fact you cant even go thru mud with the stocker). The weight with the install kit is evenly balanced so it feels like it shouldve outta the box! But you are gonna want better brakes and tires. :laugh:

Hey I need to know, Who runs with the chain guide still on after putting in the 6.5??:confused:

Mine just came off riding and I found most of it, and am debating running without it. Im pretty sure I will be fine , but I wanna know what the common thing is, or should I say some advice from some veteran bikers!!!:drinkup::scooter:

I guess im invisible on this site anymore!! Ill figure it out on my own I guess!!

Last edited:
you don't need the tensioner. just keep an eye on the play in the chain and you'll be fine.

since people read and don't reply, you could have taken a few minutes to do a search and gotten an answer. this has been covered many times on here. :doah: