my go kart's new 11hp project.

maddcarson

another question i have is about lighting. The engine has a setup for a electric start. and There is the positive wire that goes from the starter to the batery. Then a negative goes from the battery to a ground on the engine block. Is there any way i can hook up a light to that setup without buying a lighting coil?

maddcarson

i google searched it and it doesnt say anything about a charging coil. Probly does have one somewhere. all try to call the lawnmower shop near me that also sells clones. Then all call HF and see if they can bring up a parts number

vette66_00

well I would not hook the leads directly to the light. you should have a battery to help regulate the voltage. But the test yes lights dont care which is positive and negative. Unless its LED or HID.

maddcarson

Sweeeeeeet i got the chain and everything hooked up on the kart. Im gunna try it out tomarrow and hopefully the chain doesnt snap. the chain is a lil tighter than i think is needed but i dont hev enough chain to cut a new one and i think from the engine it should stretch it out for a nice fit.

HOLY crap, got enough motor in that thing? :lol: I thought we were talking big go kart here. Good Lord... You are going be rotating your tires like theres no tomorrow. :rolleyes:

maddcarson

I rode it and it felt gooooooodddd. I really put my foot into it from a dead start and the tires finally let loose. Nabors are back to hating me again. :sadcrying4:

I rode it and it felt gooooooodddd. I really put my foot into it from a dead start and the tires finally let loose. Nabors are back to hating me again. :sadcrying4:
Tell em :thefinger: At least it has a muffler beeee Och.. :thefinger: I took the Suicycle into town for the first time today.. Bout froze my bag off. :frown: Got 1/4 mile and it died.. Took 5 minutes to figure out the I shut the gas off last fall. :doah: started right up and ran great for 1/4 of a mile on the old yellow (Duck Lake Store gas) in the carb from last year.. :shrug: something must still work..

ok so i was riding my kart earlyer today. I got about 30 min in then the Engine wouldnt stay running. About 5min into the ride. The clutch started smoking really bad. IDK what the problem is but i think the engine is overheating from the clutch and the engine kills itself so it doesnt ceaze up. :shrug: plus im gunna try to go and get another engine from harbor frieght so i can have a fresh new 11hp.

If the clutch is smoking you have the machine geared too high for the clutch to handle the stress.. Try throwing a bigger sprocket on the axle.. If the motor is dying it might be the dreaded gas cap venting problem.. Or the carb is flooding out because you're dumping fuel to the engine it can't burn because it can't get going full tilt because it's geared too high..